Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Brand new Month.. It is August..

+3
UNCLE JIMMY
bethk
Barbara101
7 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 15  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 15]

76Brand new Month.. It is August.. - Page 4 Empty Re: Brand new Month.. It is August.. Wed Aug 07, 2013 11:22 am

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Crybaby wrote:God, I love York Peppermint Patties but they're like chips for me -- I can't eat just one!  

Tina got hooked on them. So did I.

They are a Must in the house now. Tina buys the 175 count at Sams Club.

The good thing is, they are the excuse candy. Like, no one will say tsk tsk tsk if you eat one after dinner or anytime; because they settle the stomach!

Almost like No candy in school, but Cough Drops were allowed!
Until it got out of hand, and then we needed a note from our parent to allow us to eat them.

Ummm.... Smith Brothers Cherry..The round with the star embossed.
Ludens oval ones....and the good ole Vicks Triangle ones.

77Brand new Month.. It is August.. - Page 4 Empty Re: Brand new Month.. It is August.. Wed Aug 07, 2013 11:37 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

Oh, SMITH BROTHERS CHERRY !!!

Man, those were so good. Didn't like the other ones. Grandmother said, "here, suck on this horehound candy" - GROSS. No one would stay sick if they had to suck on those nasty things. And the fact she called them candy was a big fake out. Gag!

78Brand new Month.. It is August.. - Page 4 Empty Re: Brand new Month.. It is August.. Wed Aug 07, 2013 11:46 am

Barbara101

Barbara101

Jimmy I used to bake a cake or brownies with those peppermint .

just make up your mix,then lay out half. Then a layer of thin mints,more mix. Bake.. Brand new Month.. It is August.. - Page 4 3593629538 

79Brand new Month.. It is August.. - Page 4 Empty Re: Brand new Month.. It is August.. Wed Aug 07, 2013 11:55 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

Candy in the middle of brownies? Wouldn't that be too much chocolate?
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
that was a trick question.....there is no such thing as too much chocolate!

Hahahahahahahahahaha!

80Brand new Month.. It is August.. - Page 4 Empty Re: Brand new Month.. It is August.. Wed Aug 07, 2013 12:38 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

We have a Brownie recipe called "Carols Brownies"

They have actual crème de mint in the icing under the chocolate. Only thing is, they have to be kept in the fridge, and I hate refrigerated cake.

81Brand new Month.. It is August.. - Page 4 Empty Re: Brand new Month.. It is August.. Wed Aug 07, 2013 12:48 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:Oh, SMITH BROTHERS CHERRY !!!

Man, those were so good.  Didn't like the other ones.  Grandmother said, "here, suck on this horehound candy" - GROSS.  No one would stay sick if they had to suck on those nasty things.  And the fact she called them candy was a big fake out.  Gag!

My Maria went to North Carolina, and there was a store there that sold all the hard to get candy, and she bought me the horehound candy and anise and sassafras. I love the horehound candy.

I remember the drugstore used to sell them behind the counter. You had to actually ask for them. They were not on display.
Oh! and Coke Syrup too! Had to ask the druggist as we called them. And there were no women pharmacists back then. Along with no men teachers.

82Brand new Month.. It is August.. - Page 4 Empty Re: Brand new Month.. It is August.. Wed Aug 07, 2013 7:13 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Inspiration Barb is what I'm going to start calling her......

Supper tonight was a huge skillet of halusky....smoked sausage, fried cabbage and noodles.

Comfort food and enough to fill a bunch of bellies!

83Brand new Month.. It is August.. - Page 4 Empty Re: Brand new Month.. It is August.. Wed Aug 07, 2013 7:30 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

I baked a turkey breast for Tina to take to her Uncles tomorrow.
I made us each an omelet with onions .
/ peppers / cheese / chipped ham.
I had mine drizzled with tobacco sauce. Hot Hot Hot!

Made heated up pierogi and chicken soup for GD.

I'm gonna be a nice guy, and slice the turkey breast for the Uncle and Aunt.

84Brand new Month.. It is August.. - Page 4 Empty Re: Brand new Month.. It is August.. Wed Aug 07, 2013 7:48 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

There you go again, being a nice guy, Jimmy.....

Keep it up and you'll get your "get to heaven for free" card....pass "GO", collect your $200!!!

85Brand new Month.. It is August.. - Page 4 Empty Re: Brand new Month.. It is August.. Wed Aug 07, 2013 8:16 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:There you go again, being a nice guy, Jimmy.....

Keep it up and you'll get your "get to heaven for free" card....pass "GO", collect your $200!!!

hahahahahahha.... I used to say to tina,"You're gonna get a reward from heaven for sure!
She would say,"Yeah, a free Bail of Hay because I'm a Jackass!"

86Brand new Month.. It is August.. - Page 4 Empty Re: Brand new Month.. It is August.. Thu Aug 08, 2013 6:59 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

I picked up a chuck eye steak at the store last night. I'm thinking of putting it in an Asian type marinate, maybe a bit of hoisin sauce and white wine. Someone bought a bottle of a moscato wine and I opened it thinking it was a Pinot Grigio to cook with. I'm not a fan of sweet wine so it was a shocker when I noticed the label and tasted it. So I've been trying to come up with things to use it with. I know I want the acid from the wine to help tenderize the tougher cut of meat. As long as I don't over cook it on the grill I know it will come out flavorful.

87Brand new Month.. It is August.. - Page 4 Empty Re: Brand new Month.. It is August.. Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:41 am

Barbara101

Barbara101

I had mine drizzled with tobacco sauce.

what???? Brand new Month.. It is August.. - Page 4 2876911673 Brand new Month.. It is August.. - Page 4 2876911673 Brand new Month.. It is August.. - Page 4 2876911673 

88Brand new Month.. It is August.. - Page 4 Empty Re: Brand new Month.. It is August.. Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:51 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

Don't you just love the "spell check" feature that replaces the word you are inserting with a word not even close to,what you intended?

This iPad must have been originated in the UK or Canada. Every time I try to type flavor it wants to change it to flavour. But then it will make more sense to Niagara, I'm sure.

The first time I read Jimmy's post I read it as he intended....but then the second time I saw what you did, Barb, and I laughed out loud. He's a reformed smoker who still wants to get his tobacco hit from something.....

lol! 

89Brand new Month.. It is August.. - Page 4 Empty Re: Brand new Month.. It is August.. Thu Aug 08, 2013 5:18 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:Don't you just love the "spell check" feature that replaces the word you are inserting with a word not even close to,what you intended?

This iPad must have been originated in the UK or Canada.  Every time I try to type flavor it wants to change it to flavour.  But then it will make more sense to Niagara, I'm sure.

The first time I read Jimmy's post I read it as he intended....but then the second time I saw what you did, Barb, and I laughed out loud.  He's a reformed smoker who still wants to get his tobacco hit from something.....

lol! 
The spell check did it but as I spelled tobasco instead of tabasco...it jumped the gun and corrected it . lol lol lol

90Brand new Month.. It is August.. - Page 4 Empty Re: Brand new Month.. It is August.. Thu Aug 08, 2013 5:30 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

I threw a lasagna together and it's cooking on the grill.

The ricotta was sour so
I used a container of cottage cheese.
I used the regular wide uncooked lasagna noodles.
I don't cook the noodles. It makes a firmer casserole that way.

Tina had to take the sick uncle to the pulmonary doctor today.

its like that dr kit when we were kids and it had a plastic string connected to a box, that you would run your fingernail across the length of the string, and it would say." Calling All Doctors!" Calling all doctors!"
And Yes...I did eat all the candy pills in 10 seconds.

91Brand new Month.. It is August.. - Page 4 Empty Re: Brand new Month.. It is August.. Thu Aug 08, 2013 7:11 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Is it so warm you need to cook outside, Jimmy? We had mid 70's again...?very comfortable but overcast. I want sunshine.

I grilled the marinated chuck eye steak. It was full of gristle and sinue....nasty and tough. Oh well win som, lose some.

Boiled potatoes and fried corn/beans for sides.

92Brand new Month.. It is August.. - Page 4 Empty Re: Brand new Month.. It is August.. Thu Aug 08, 2013 7:50 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:Is it so warm you need to cook outside, Jimmy?  We had mid 70's again...?very comfortable but overcast.  I want sunshine.

I grilled the marinated chuck eye steak.  It was full of gristle and sinue....nasty and tough.   Oh well  win som, lose some.

Boiled potatoes and fried corn/beans for sides.
It was 76 out, and the humidity is 83%. More now that it is raining.
I put the A/C on. Tina was getting ready to go to take her uncle to the Dr. this morning, and she was wiping her face and complaining..."Oh Geeze, it's so humid hon, why don't you close up and turn on the air?"

I used the Get back at Ya tactic. I said, " No No...Not yet. It's rather chilly here in the kitchen. I guess I am getting so old, that I don't feel the heat anymore!" GD said,"Pops, are you serious??...It's skanky in this house!"

Oh, Well, I said! I guess I will turn on the A/C later on in the afternoon. I'll see how it goes.

Soon as they left and were out of sight...the windows were shut and the A/C was on and cranking down the temperature! hahahahahahaha

The lasagna came out perfect cooked on the grill. It cooked like 1 hour and 40 minutes and then 10 minutes with the foil top off till it browned a little.

I just had a big slice and it tasted great. Only thing is, I sauced it heavy so Tina could enjoy it. She likes moist lasagna; I don't!

93Brand new Month.. It is August.. - Page 4 Empty Re: Brand new Month.. It is August.. Thu Aug 08, 2013 7:53 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Nice guy again....good for you.

Have you missed "friends & family" thread? We're all talk in' about you....

94Brand new Month.. It is August.. - Page 4 Empty Re: Brand new Month.. It is August.. Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:05 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:Nice guy again....good for you.

Have you missed "friends & family" thread?   We're all talk in' about you....
I will go look...hahahaha

Tina says I miss a lot lately, and she sometimes even asks if I wiped!Shocked 

95Brand new Month.. It is August.. - Page 4 Empty Re: Brand new Month.. It is August.. Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:10 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

Brand new Month.. It is August.. - Page 4 1011906_10200967106893264_575976342_n

flank.. looks like lots of steak leftovers for me. Brand new Month.. It is August.. - Page 4 2760260870 

96Brand new Month.. It is August.. - Page 4 Empty Re: Brand new Month.. It is August.. Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:25 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Steak and eggs....

Steak salad.....

Ground beef and devilled eggs.....

97Brand new Month.. It is August.. - Page 4 Empty Re: Brand new Month.. It is August.. Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:39 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Barbara101 wrote:Brand new Month.. It is August.. - Page 4 1011906_10200967106893264_575976342_n

flank.. looks like lots of steak leftovers for me. Brand new Month.. It is August.. - Page 4 2760260870 
And where and who is the crowd that is going to eat all that???

Looks great Barb! Brand new Month.. It is August.. - Page 4 2453703928 

98Brand new Month.. It is August.. - Page 4 Empty Re: Brand new Month.. It is August.. Fri Aug 09, 2013 6:49 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

Brand new Month.. It is August.. - Page 4 1068920_10153086025020627_1694300642_n

BBQ chicken breast. I know this looks odd but for me it is a huge treat to have a sweet tator. Even tho I do have to use a non sugar brown sugar.I so enjoyed my slab of real butter too.

Brand new Month.. It is August.. - Page 4 3267860543 

99Brand new Month.. It is August.. - Page 4 Empty Re: Brand new Month.. It is August.. Fri Aug 09, 2013 7:00 pm

Imelda HL

Imelda HL

Barbara101 wrote:Brand new Month.. It is August.. - Page 4 1011906_10200967106893264_575976342_n

ugh.. I posted a long post and it could not get through No 

good steaks Barbara.. I'm imagining steak burrito, steak quesadilla, steak Brand new Month.. It is August.. - Page 4 2825942945  Brand new Month.. It is August.. - Page 4 3593629538 

though it's hot out there, we Brand new Month.. It is August.. - Page 4 512660330  ... after eating leftovers and Indonesian style chickens for a few days, today I let him cooked.. he fired up the grill and grilled some Italian sausages Brand new Month.. It is August.. - Page 4 3921676023 

Brand new Month.. It is August.. - Page 4 <a href=Brand new Month.. It is August.. - Page 4 DSCN7803" />

his plate.. toasted french bread, with mayo + mustard + wasabi and chopped jalapeno spread.. sauerkraut, lettuces, beans, tomato and onion

Brand new Month.. It is August.. - Page 4 <a href=Brand new Month.. It is August.. - Page 4 19" />

mine.. much simpler
Wink 

Brand new Month.. It is August.. - Page 4 14

100Brand new Month.. It is August.. - Page 4 Empty Re: Brand new Month.. It is August.. Fri Aug 09, 2013 7:36 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

I don't understand??? I wrote a post with pics of the stuffed peppers, and It is gone??? Maybe it will come back in a while?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 15]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 15  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum