Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Easter / Passover Holiday Season COOKING / PLANNING

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

So? What if anything special for The Holiday.?

Naturally, here, it will be the usual feast.

Menu:

Roast Smoked Ham dressed with pineapples.
Kielbasa Fresh and Smoked
Turkey Breast roasted
Lasagna
A loaf pan of Dressing
Mashed potatoes / Gravy
Baked Sweet potatoes ( plain )
Candied Sweet Potatoes ... ( My favorite )
Corn , asparagus , carrots.....

Dessert:
Carrot Cake with Cream cheese icing.
A cheese cake
Pressed Butter Cookies.
Various chocolate candies.

bethk

bethk
Admin

Just the two of us.....

Rib eye on the grill, asparagus & sweet potato

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

I would trade what we are having for a plate of yours.

So much will be for dinner here, it's a shame. Tina wants to be sure we cook what the favorites are of the kids. We / or should I say Tina, is cooking all little special things for Liam ( GGS ). Got a lot of fussy ones here....

bethk

bethk
Admin

It didn't feel much like a holiday but it was a good meal all the same. I didn't even make deviled eggs......awful! LOL

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:It didn't feel much like a holiday but it was a good meal all the same. I didn't even make deviled eggs......awful! LOL

It felt somewhat like the Easter Holiday, because little Liam was here, and he was picking up the hidden eggs that DD and DIL hid.He's got 80 dollars to put in his bank account.

We talked about how in the 60's, we would be dressed up for Easter, and even at the dinner table. Then after dinner, the visits to Grandmas, and the aunts.

Crybaby

Crybaby

[quote="UNCLE JIMMY"]
bethk wrote:We talked about how in the 60's, we would be dressed up for Easter, and even at the dinner table. Then after dinner, the visits to Grandmas, and the aunts.

We dressed up when I was growing up and people still seem to up the ante in the clothes department on Easter. We, too, stayed dressed for Easter dinner too but there were no grannies to visit. Often my mom's sisters came over but my father was an only child so we didn't have that many relatives around here. Trust me, there were more than enough though!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum