Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Santa was pretty nice

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Santa was pretty nice Empty Santa was pretty nice Wed Dec 26, 2018 4:55 pm

JanaAZ

So some of you may know I like to can but I get really tired of messing up my kitchen.  I have a 2nd kitchen downstairs however it has a slide in electric stove and I HATE canning on an electric stove.  So.....Santa got me a new slide in gas range for my downstairs kitchen.  I have to order it but I'll be pretty excited to have it in place when I start canning again.

Anybody want to can with me????

2Santa was pretty nice Empty Re: Santa was pretty nice Thu Dec 27, 2018 3:55 am

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

JanaAZ wrote:So some of you may know I like to can but I get really tired of messing up my kitchen.  I have a 2nd kitchen downstairs however it has a slide in electric stove and I HATE canning on an electric stove.  So.....Santa got me a new slide in gas range for my downstairs kitchen.  I have to order it but I'll be pretty excited to have it in place when I start canning again.

Anybody want to can with me????

Hi JanaAZ
Good for you, and great that you are getting a GAS stove. We ( Tina and I ), used to can a few things like Applesauce, Tomatoes, and beans and such, and really enjoyed that, and the rewards it gave us.
As we aged, and got involved in family tasks with our children, we gave up canning.

We had a few setbacks with health issues, but still, we talk about getting back into the home canning again. We still have all the jars, and lids, and the mirro-matic pressure 8 qt. canning pot.

Good hearing from you! God bless!

Jimmy

3Santa was pretty nice Empty Re: Santa was pretty nice Thu Dec 27, 2018 9:09 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

I'll come and can with you!

I use to can and freeze foods. Dane would grow a huge garden and when it was time, he would pick and pull and my grandma, mom & I would process what seemed like tons of food. We always froze the green beans and corn but canned the tomatoes, pickles, relishes, chow-chow, beets, etc.

There's nothing more satisfying than looking in a 'cold cellar' and seeing jars filled with the fruits of you labor.

Good for you! Enjoy.

4Santa was pretty nice Empty Re: Santa was pretty nice Thu Dec 27, 2018 1:14 pm

JanaAZ

I’m so tired of my regular kitchen always being trashed. It will be much easier to keeepmthings clean and messes out of sight when I finally start canning downstairs.

5Santa was pretty nice Empty Re: Santa was pretty nice Fri Jan 18, 2019 7:07 pm

Crybaby

Crybaby

I canned for a while but it's truly a lot of work. Last time I canned tomatoes, Brian helped me and that helped a lot. I had to laugh, though, as even he said he didn't realize how much work it is.

I still have a couple jars of the Creole tomatoes we canned last time we did it but I doubt we'll be doing it again unless it's on a very small scale. I'm grinning because we haven't done it since we got our "new" (in April it will be three years old) stove, though. Everything is more fun on that stove. It's a shame the stove's operators no longer function as well as the stove does!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]