Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

New Stove is in

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1New Stove is in Empty New Stove is in Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:18 pm

NormM

NormM

It came in a couple weeks ago but the installer was called out of town because his brother had surgery but it is finally in. It has a self cleaning with steam option and convection oven. One is convection, both are self cleaning. I just made my first food with it. I cooked a hamburger and toasted the buns on the grill.New Stove is in Unname11
New Stove is in Unname10

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

2New Stove is in Empty Re: New Stove is in Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:39 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

You'll have to let us know, after you have a chance to dirty up the oven how the steam clean option works. I've seen that and would love to have an easier way to have a nice, clean oven. Mine is NOT a pretty picture, to be sure.

3New Stove is in Empty Re: New Stove is in Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:17 am

NormM

NormM

I am told that the steam clean is for less messy clean ups. It had another clean mode for tougher messes.

4New Stove is in Empty Re: New Stove is in Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:01 am

Crybaby

Crybaby

It sure is pretty, Norm! If you're anything like us, you're going to use that center griddle more than you ever imagined.

I've yet to use my steam clean feature yet, Norm, so I'm anxious to hear how yours works if you get around to using it before us. I've never had a self-cleaning oven but I know I wouldn't use the heavy duty self-cleaning feature as I've read too many stories about the adjacent cabinets being damaged by the high heat. But I am tickled pink to have the other cleaning feature, as that one will definitely come in handy.

Enjoy it, Norm!!!

5New Stove is in Empty Re: New Stove is in Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:07 am

NormM

NormM

We are using the center griddle a lot. I didn't think we would but we are.

6New Stove is in Empty Re: New Stove is in Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:16 pm

Crybaby

Crybaby

NormM wrote:We are using the center griddle a lot.  I didn't think we would but we are.

We were the EXACT same way, Norm -- now when we get ready to do something in the oven or in a cast iron pan, we stop and think if we can do it on the griddle.  I like it because it's a breeze to clean, too -- like a non-stick pan.  

Since it has a flat surface, it made me want one with a griddle surface as well since we use it so much.  I think I mentioned on here recently how I went ahead and bought a Lodge reversible grill / griddle, which is the perfect size to fit over that oval burner, 20 x 10.5 inch.  I keep it the same place I keep the one that came with the stove, in the warming drawer on the bottom of the stove under the oven.  But boy, it's heavy as all get out, which I knew, of course, it would be.  I know I'll use it nonetheless but if Brian's not around, I might end up opting for the lighter one.

That oval burner really comes in handy for deglazing a roasting pan, too, and making gravy from the drippings.  I like it so much better than placing the pan over two burners like I had to do in the past.  Am smiling 'cause I can see you're having as much fun with your new stove as we are -- even still and it was a year old this past April!

Now if only I had you over here to bake some bread for us!

Last edited by Crybaby on Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:21 pm; edited 1 time in total

7New Stove is in Empty Re: New Stove is in Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:09 pm

NormM

NormM

I bought a cast iron reversible grill yesterday. It is just a small one. GE sells one for this stove that I may get someday. I originally was planning to get a grate to replace the griddle but not sure if I want to do that now.

Here is the kitchen as it has progressed in the last 5 years  When we moved in, the existing oven didn't work.  Since Cassie did a lot of baking, I got a new stove right away.
New Stove is in Dscf4010

but I wanted to get rid of the refrigerator since before we moved in. I really don't like side by side refrigerators. The refrigerator is too small and when the freezer had an ice maker taking up 30% of the freezer, there isn't much room in it either.

New Stove is in Screen10

So here is the kitchen with the second stove and new refrigerator.  A couple years ago the stove cooktop stopped working properly and the cost of a gas line installation went way down so now I have the stove pictured at the beginning of this posting.  In a couple days, I'll have the new vent and if I live long enough, someday there will be a new floor and counter top.
New Stove is in Screen11

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum