Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The red square pan, with steamer disc; and fryer basket and top!

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Got this thing from my cousin Donna for Christmas.

Thinking of what?? to cook in it.
It lists for $75.00 on Amazon.

Its 9 x 9 inches square, but looks a lot bigger on tv.

The red square pan, with steamer disc; and fryer basket and top! 41f9H16dJQL

NormM

NormM

They advertise it on TV and say you can use it as a regular skillet,  for baking or roasting in the oven, a steamer, and fryer. It is supposed to be non-stick and durable. I think it is one of those deals where you buy one get the second one "free," just pay separate fees.

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

bethk

bethk
Admin

Is that the 'copper' pan? I've seen lots of ads for it...suppose to be scratch resistant, more so than the ones in the past.

I'd give it a try and make some pasta in the pan recipe....you know, the ones that say 'one pot pasta' recipe. You add your ingredients, along with the dry pasta, and then add liquid and cook it all in the same pot, the pasta water thickening and becoming a sort of 'sauce'. I've made a couple and they were surprisingly good. I used farfale pasta or the corkscrew one. I did think it took longer for the pasta to cook than when it's done in just a big pot of water and it needed to be mixed/stirred so it all got done at the same rate....but it was pretty good.

Does the pan seem heavy enough to do a shallow deep fry? (That's an oxymoron, isn't it?) I mean, does it seem heavy enough for heating oil without 'hot spots'? If it's only 9 X 9 square it would be small enough to cover with a spatter screen and keep the mess at a minimum.

Let us know what you make and how the pan performs.

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

I will give it a try, and post the results.
It's really not that heavy / thick.
It really looks like the perfect lasagna pan. Nice and deep!

bethk

bethk
Admin

UNCLE JIMMY wrote:
It really looks like the perfect lasagna pan. Nice and deep!

That's what I'd make then.....a nice, THICK lasagna~ with lots of cheese filling!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]