Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Hamburger Spanish Rice Soup

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Hamburger Spanish Rice Soup  Empty Hamburger Spanish Rice Soup Fri Sep 30, 2016 12:28 am

1DomesticGoddess

1DomesticGoddess

This soup is made with 4 cups of the leftover Hamburger Spanish Rice With Bacon, a recipe that I had posted on this site.

https://cookingfriends.forumotion.com/t1288-hamburger-spanish-rice-with-bacon

After hubby and I eat a serving of the hot dish, sometimes I'll make this soup with the remaining dish.

Hamburger Spanish Rice Soup  Hamburger%2BSpanish%2BRice%2BSoup%2B001

Hamburger Spanish Rice Soup

4 cups leftover Hamburger Spanish Rice with Bacon
32 ounces chicken broth
8 ounces frozen mixed vegetables
1 can (14.5 oz.) diced tomatoes
1 can (8 oz.) tomato sauce
1/4 tsp. Italian seasoning
1/4 tsp. seasoned salt
1/8 tsp. black pepper

First, you'll need to cook the frozen mixed vegetables according to package directions. (I cook mine in the microwave along with 2 tablespoons of water for 3-4 minutes on high, then stir the vegetables, place them back in the microwave to cook for 2 more minutes, and then let them set while preparing the soup.) Note: My vegetables were cooked in a 900 watt microwave oven.

To prepare the soup: In a large pot, add the 4 cups of leftover Spanish Rice With Bacon, along with the broth, canned diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper.

Drain the cooked vegetables, then add them to the pot.

Cook the soup (uncovered) over medium low heat for about 20 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender, and the soup is heated through. Be sure to stir the soup occasionally.

Ladle the soup into bowls and serve.

Yields: 8 servings

2Hamburger Spanish Rice Soup  Empty Re: Hamburger Spanish Rice Soup Fri Sep 30, 2016 8:37 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

That's the 'frugal' way.....making a 'new' meal out of leftovers. Good for you.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum