Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Warm Cocoa Pudding with Candied Pecans

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Warm Cocoa Pudding with Candied Pecans Empty Warm Cocoa Pudding with Candied Pecans Sun Sep 04, 2016 12:00 pm

Crybaby

Crybaby

Warm Cocoa Pudding with Candied Pecans
Serves 4 / Recipe by Kelly Fields, Willa Jean, New Orleans, Louisiana
Recipe courtesy of RSVP, Bon Appetit, September 2016.

Candied Pecans
1 large egg white
2 Tablespoons sugar
1 cup pecans

Pudding
1-1/2 cups heavy cream
1-1/2 cups whole milk
4 Tablespoons unsalted butter
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 large eggs
1/2 cup sugar
2 Tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon cornstarch
2 Tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
1-1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
4 ounces chopped chocolate (at least 70% cacao)

Candied Pecans
    Preheat oven to 325°F. Whisk egg white in a medium bowl until frothy. Whisk in sugar. Add pecans; toss until coated. Spread out on a parchment-lined rimmed baking sheet and bake, tossing every 10 minutes, until browned and dry, 25–30 minutes. Let cool.
    Do Ahead: Pecans can be candied 1 week ahead. Store airtight at room temperature.

Pudding
1. Bring cream, milk, butter, and vanilla to a simmer in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Meanwhile, whisk eggs, sugar, cornstarch, cocoa powder, and salt in a medium heatproof bowl to combine.
 2. As soon as cream mixture reaches a simmer, remove from heat and, whisking constantly, very gradually add one-third of cream mixture to egg mixture. Whisk tempered egg mixture into cream mixture in saucepan. Cook over medium heat, whisking constantly, until mixture thickens and is bubbling, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat and add chopped chocolate; whisk until chocolate is melted and pudding is smooth. Serve topped with candied pecans.
    Do Ahead: Pudding can be made 2 days ahead. Press plastic wrap directly onto surface and chill. Reheat gently in a heatproof bowl set over a pan of simmering water before serving.

Last edited by Crybaby on Sun Sep 04, 2016 3:42 pm; edited 1 time in total

bethk

bethk
Admin

Maybe I'll just make the candied pecans....just to check 'em out.

LOL

Recipe sounds great! Thanks.

Crybaby

Crybaby

bethk wrote:Maybe I'll just make the candied pecans....just to check 'em out.

Great minds... I had Brian pick up some pecan halves from the store yesterday so I could make the candied pecans. Decided to copy the rest of the recipe this morning just so I could have it on hand and post it here, too (and also because I have all the ingredients on hand!).

And also because I was hoping to entice Brian to make it himself. I showed him how to temper eggs a while back and this recipe is not difficult. Who knows?!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum