Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Beth is Home

+2
Imelda HL
Barbara101
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Beth is Home Empty Beth is Home Tue Jun 04, 2013 12:31 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

safe & sound. But for some reason she has NO pc.

hey I know she can read the forum,so I have a laptop you can buy,cheap Beth is Home 2876911673 Beth is Home 2876911673

I never got my desktop fixed & have been using this laptop that I do not like. Beth is Home 2787578702

I should have it looked at or just buy a new one.

Not a fan at all of laptops period.......

Ok Beth says Hi to all. Beth is Home 1309145179

2Beth is Home Empty Re: Beth is Home Tue Jun 04, 2013 12:59 pm

Imelda HL

Imelda HL

Hi Beth.. Beth is Home 3602300868 Beth is Home 3561122519

Miss your chat here.. I hope you will be able to get online soon and tell us about your road trip home Cool

Barbara.. I don't like using laptop either.. esp Window 8 Evil or Very Mad Mad too many ads come with it and I don't have any idea how to get rid of them Rolling Eyes

3Beth is Home Empty Re: Beth is Home Tue Jun 04, 2013 1:11 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

i have win8. no issues with that. but this laptop went belly up the very same day the desktop did affraid it was easy to take the laptop in for repair.it took a week 10 days no pc at all. well i did go to the library for my fix lol
he fixed it & put firefox on here. some sort of virus thing I NEVER have to pay for. cheers plus something to kick off the ads. adware?? anyway I like all that it is that I don't like the small screen,the flat small keyboard,plus I can't see chit on it.
lousy for watching tv & movies.

WIFI sucks. at least mine does. it will NOT stay connected.I got so fed up I jerked the wires out & threw the crap thing in the box out of sight. so much for WIFI...

4Beth is Home Empty Re: Beth is Home Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:43 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

OMG !

I wish I knew how I just got logged on.....so awful to be so tetchy challenged!

I'm using DD's Ipad and I'm not good at this at all - such a pita!

We got home Sunday night and my house is wall to wall DD's whole house. Older DD is coming on Saturday to pick up some furniture so that should help. So much to do to get ready to sell all of our stuff. But more than likely the girl's will want most of the valuable objects. Good, better than strangers taking it for a song...

I'll keep watching and posting when I can figure this thing out!!!

5Beth is Home Empty Re: Beth is Home Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:40 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

I do NOT want to change places with you. i can't wait to have the peace & quiet back when I have anyone over.I guess I am set in my ways.heck I even hate to be in the car with those boys. Shocked

what happened to your PC???

I am taking mine to the repair guy in the morning & see if it can be fixed.even it is $200 that is much cheaper then buying a new one.

Not a fan of this laptop..

6Beth is Home Empty Re: Beth is Home Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:52 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

DD is taking over all utilities, etc. and cancelled our cable, land line and Internet to have her Direct tv hooked up. She hasn't gotten around to figuring out how to do a computer with wifi yet, or even if one of our old computers can work with wifi....

She can do everything she wants on this Ipad so it's my bad luck if I have to struggle with trying to type on this screen keyboard. I guess I should be happy she's forcing me to learn how to enter the 21st century of technology.....lol

7Beth is Home Empty Re: Beth is Home Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:53 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Glad to see you're up North Beth!
Pots and Pans will go steaming away soon I guess.
The cooler weather will put the cooking appetites to work.

They are here. The Tina Mom and GD left for Taco Bells in Ledgewood 20 minutes ago.
I said I didn't want any, but I'll bet she brings me a 6 pack of tacos.

8Beth is Home Empty Re: Beth is Home Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:58 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

I sure can do without the cable for Tv,in fact I won't ever go back to paying for that service when I get great tv with this antenna. FREE>>>

Internet I still have.$35. gets me online,I can watch Tv stuff & movies. hey works for me.

9Beth is Home Empty Re: Beth is Home Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:15 pm

JanaAZ

Barbara101 wrote:i have win8. no issues with that. but this laptop went belly up the very same day the desktop did affraid it was easy to take the laptop in for repair.it took a week 10 days no pc at all. well i did go to the library for my fix lol
he fixed it & put firefox on here. some sort of virus thing I NEVER have to pay for. cheers plus something to kick off the ads. adware?? anyway I like all that it is that I don't like the small screen,the flat small keyboard,plus I can't see chit on it.
lousy for watching tv & movies.

WIFI sucks. at least mine does. it will NOT stay connected.I got so fed up I jerked the wires out & threw the crap thing in the box out of sight. so much for WIFI...

That's awful. I don't have any of those problems. If it wasn't for wifi, I'd have no connection when I'm in the mountains. We now even have a myfi for our house up there. Love it. I have a 17.6" screen so it's pretty easy to see it. DH wanted to buy me an ipad for my birthday and I said no. Screen is too darn little. All my friends have one and keep telling me I'll love it....but I don't think so.

10Beth is Home Empty Re: Beth is Home Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:32 am

Barbara101

Barbara101

my neighbor has the same problem.she did the same thing I did, got rid of the wifi.she even got AT&T internet/wifi & it did the same thing.I have had 3 routers,It was hooked up right. even the cable guy hooked it up after I told him my issues.done with it..

so beth why would she want a ipad?? I hear you can't read on the thing due to glare.Plus you have to hold the thing to use it.
do you need internet/wifi. seems like you don't becuz you are using it.???

IDK..

11Beth is Home Empty Re: Beth is Home Wed Jun 05, 2013 10:21 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

I don't understand how the Ipad connects to the Internet...but it does.

I think it's probably designed as a computer-on-the-go for people who need more than their smart phones. At least I can get on site!

To use it I have to sit and put the thing on my lap and then type on a screen keyboard....awkward at best. But when it's the only option you have, we'll, you make do. I am able to connect to all my banking bill pay stuff so that's a good thing since I only pay bills that way. The screen is small and the type is teeny-tiny but, like I said, when it's your only option you go with it.

12Beth is Home Empty Re: Beth is Home Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:44 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Here is the scoop on the i-pad which is an apple product. From what I Have heard from a good trial source who investigates and reviews everything she purchases, and even foods for sugars and other carbs.

I learned this from eread (evelyn)...Beth remembers her from the old C.Com a few years back. She stopped participating on the forum because of health issues and her mom was in her last days at the time. She was a severe Tp2 diabetic, and had an iliostomy, and stage 4 lung cancer.
She is a cyber friend of mine, and a precious example of a woman who appreciates life; even at 72.

She is in Texas, in the MD Anderson Cancer Center in Houston. She is in there for Chemo and Radiation Treatments. She was doing fine up until her first dose so from the 4th to the 10th of the month, she will be very sick from the chemo. She says she is a trooper, and doesn't care. She mentioned to Say Hello To all who know her from the old c.co site forum.

Back to the i-Pad. She bought a large I pad, and a separate Qwerty Keyboard that she can hook into it to type. She was fearful that the screen display Keyboard would be difficult for her to see and type on.
She said it is light, and it is wonderful in resolution, and easy to see.
She uses AOL for her e-mail client and she said it hooks up to it from just about anywhere. It needs no cell phone client she said.

The best thing was, she said, she went to the ipad store to look and try them, and she bought the pricier one because of the larger memory (64GB).
She didn't want a laptop because it was too large for her to handle, and she would need wifi to hook up to the net.

I had one of those Motrola Droid Pro phones, and I knew how to use it, but I could not type on the small touch qwerty keyboard on the screen. I gave it away to my cousin. I liked it, but it was not made for my large fingers to type messages, and plus I had to sign up for a Google account to use the internet. Blah!!

I, a few months ago, bought Tina a new laptop (Dell) and it is way way lighter than her old one.
I didn't realize wndows 8 operating system was way way different than vista or the 7 OS. Tina hated it trying to acclamate to the new operations. She finally figured it out, but it is a little stupid to get to places i.e. the saved item files and the other processes. The windows8 is basically built for touch screen, but it does work as a point pad / or mouse. I didn't wish to pay 200 bucks more for a touch screen. She is at ease with by now, and I help her if I know how with little things.
LOL LOL

13Beth is Home Empty Re: Beth is Home Wed Jun 05, 2013 2:24 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

I could probably do more on this Ipad if DD spent a little time to show me how to use it....but it seems as if there aren't enough hours in the day to do stuff like that. But, it is easier now that I've been playing around on it. It sure would be nice if there was a real keyboard!

14Beth is Home Empty Re: Beth is Home Wed Jun 05, 2013 2:25 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Oh, by the way....tell Evelyn I say, "Hi!"

15Beth is Home Empty Re: Beth is Home Wed Jun 05, 2013 2:41 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:Oh, by the way....tell Evelyn I say, "Hi!"

I most certainly will beth! She will cherish the Well Wishes!

BTW... what'd ya do? Forget to pack your laptop for the trip North? LOL

16Beth is Home Empty Re: Beth is Home Wed Jun 05, 2013 4:12 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

I dropped off my tower to be fixed.OS is vista but I don't care.

laptop is win7.not 8.thank goodness.

he said he would have it fixed or at least will know whats the problem is by tomorrow.

so now I will have to figure out how to get ALL my pics & info off this one. or mess with wifi AGAIN so I can just switch back & forth.OR just unplug one & switch back & forth. Beth is Home 1450907917 Beth is Home 1450907917

17Beth is Home Empty Re: Beth is Home Wed Jun 05, 2013 5:12 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

THIS cmputer I am on now, (The kitchen computer ) did not have a wifi transmitter radio rf adapter internally.They are older Dells. It had 2GB memory RAM but I added 1GB to help it think. The newer ones are loaded with usually 5 or 8 GB RAM.

I purchased a license of "System Mechanic". It is recommended by Microsoft and Dell, and so I spent like 29.99 for a year for ALL...yes...ALL the computers I have in my house. Well worth it, and I set it up at night before I go to bed, to scan and optimize the drive and re-align the data stored. Well Worth it, and it such an easy user friendly repair software. I would not be wthout it.

http://www.iolo.com/products/system-mechanic/

On this computer, I had to buy a wifi adapter (Cisco) and it is always bumping me off line at night especially. I di all the BS Updates and all, but it is cranky and stutters me off line especially when a lot of people are on the comcast internet trunk line for my location area.

I bought a 50 foot ethernet cable, and soon as I get some time (like I have so many things to do LOL) I am going to direct connect it to the modem (comcast box).

Now...Tina has a laptop, and she never has difficulty losing the internet.
The dining room one is direct connected to and that is no problem.

I used to sit here, and click a site or a pogram, and watch the little circle go round and round and round for l;ike a minute before it loads the site up. Grrrrr
Not now. Since I got "System Mechanic" it takes care of my internet connection automatically, and re-arranges (optiomizes) the Hard Drive "C" and "D" with a click of the button. It does take like 2 or three hours to do a complete re-fix, but well worth it. I know there are things that one can do in the program manually, but it is a pain and takes time to do the tasks, and I have to be in front of the machine to click all the bs. With System Mechanic....it does it all consecutively while I sleep. hahahahaha.... Then the computer is faster and better than when it was clean and brand new. Wnen the hard drive gets corrupt, it needs to be fixed, or else it cannot think along the right path. It's like..I can drive on Rt 80 to get to smeplace fast, but if I get lost and take the side roads....it will get me there, but take longer. LOL That is what the Man told me when I had to get T's old Dell fixed. It burned a chip, and it only had 2 more chips to do all the thinking and driving. It cost me 85.00 for the chip part, and 70.00 for the labor to have the guy install it.

18Beth is Home Empty Re: Beth is Home Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:53 am

cookingirl

cookingirl

Beth, I am such a bad friend Shocked
I never did wish you a safe trip back home..
Exclamation
Sorry..
I have been so consumed with Artie. I have not been able to follow thru on anything.... Embarassed

I am glad you are safe and sound. Although being home must be so strange. You and Mr Amazing need the rest and relaxation of Florida!

Take care..and ttyl Beth is Home 1738318596

19Beth is Home Empty Re: Beth is Home Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:08 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

Oh, Cyn, no worries here.

Even though I couldn't make posts at the time you talked about Artie being ill, I did have you and the little guy in my thoughts. Sometimes pets are worse than kids....

But my thoughts about cats are NOT anything but evil this morning. Moose, the stupid black and white that is living here now decided to use the bathroom bath mats as a litter box in the middle of the night. He is now on MY LIST!!! I have got to find my roll of duct tape....it fixes EVERYTHING .

..lol

20Beth is Home Empty Re: Beth is Home Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:19 am

Barbara101

Barbara101

that cat is in distress.it is highly rare they do that.when mine did that I knew she was sick.

maybe you might want to put her/him in a cage at night.

My 2 girls are paper trained. they do go out but... BUT..they are so good that if I put down my wed's grocery ad on the floor next to my sofa ,, Beth is Home 2855670339

21Beth is Home Empty Re: Beth is Home Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:26 am

Barbara101

Barbara101

UNCLE JIMMY wrote:THIS cmputer I am on now, (The kitchen computer ) did not have a wifi transmitter radio rf adapter internally.They are older Dells. It had 2GB memory RAM but I added 1GB to help it think. The newer ones are loaded with usually 5 or 8 GB RAM.

I purchased a license of "System Mechanic". It is recommended by Microsoft and Dell, and so I spent like 29.99 for a year for ALL...yes...ALL the computers I have in my house. Well worth it, and I set it up at night before I go to bed, to scan and optimize the drive and re-align the data stored. Well Worth it, and it such an easy user friendly repair software. I would not be wthout it.

http://www.iolo.com/products/system-mechanic/

On this computer, I had to buy a wifi adapter (Cisco) and it is always bumping me off line at night especially. I di all the BS Updates and all, but it is cranky and stutters me off line especially when a lot of people are on the comcast internet trunk line for my location area.

I bought a 50 foot ethernet cable, and soon as I get some time (like I have so many things to do LOL) I am going to direct connect it to the modem (comcast box).

Now...Tina has a laptop, and she never has difficulty losing the internet.
The dining room one is direct connected to and that is no problem.

I used to sit here, and click a site or a pogram, and watch the little circle go round and round and round for l;ike a minute before it loads the site up. Grrrrr
Not now. Since I got "System Mechanic" it takes care of my internet connection automatically, and re-arranges (optiomizes) the Hard Drive "C" and "D" with a click of the button. It does take like 2 or three hours to do a complete re-fix, but well worth it. I know there are things that one can do in the program manually, but it is a pain and takes time to do the tasks, and I have to be in front of the machine to click all the bs. With System Mechanic....it does it all consecutively while I sleep. hahahahaha.... Then the computer is faster and better than when it was clean and brand new. Wnen the hard drive gets corrupt, it needs to be fixed, or else it cannot think along the right path. It's like..I can drive on Rt 80 to get to smeplace fast, but if I get lost and take the side roads....it will get me there, but take longer. LOL That is what the Man told me when I had to get T's old Dell fixed. It burned a chip, and it only had 2 more chips to do all the thinking and driving. It cost me 85.00 for the chip part, and 70.00 for the labor to have the guy install it.

JIMMY you last me real quick..I am so lame with this stuff.The puter guy told me yesterday that he has the same issues with routers that I have.he asked if I lived in a brick house? I do. it is solid too. I hear nothing from next door. or even outside. I don't even hear the rain.I look outside & say gee its raining lol.it must be insulated great too. My electric bill is $50 to 65 & summer full tilt it does not go past $100.winter I never have to turn on the heater.

I will be glad to get my desk top back thats for sure.nice BIG BIG monitor.. bounce cheers

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum