Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Remember the English Muffin Pizza craze????

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

I was looking in the corner of the counter between the kitchen and dining room, and there were two packages of Thomas' English Muffins. Tina just picked them up BOGO sale.

Then it hit me. The English Muffin Pizza craze,,,,...oh! I guess in the late 70's, we took the kids to Disney in Florida. Maria was a baby in a crib. OMG what a torcherous trip that was.
Anyway, we took a trip to Fort Pierce to visit people we knew who were snow birds. They had a huge trailer home. That was the first time we had eaten the pizza made with the muffins.

They were good, but that fad didn't last very long. I could go for some now though!

I was wondering if anyone else had them or made them?

Barbara101

Barbara101

yes . I used to make them. I used to use them for burger buns too. Loved loved eggs benny.

I made pizzas not long ago on a pita bun lol. Now I make them on a taco shell,corn tortilla.No white flour and much much much lower in carb and sugar count.

I have used them for sausage egg muffin . years ago, I would put cottage cheese on them. and or a slice of cheese with tuna fish.

LOL last year I toasted a bunch and whizzed them to make crumbs and then rolled chicken breast in it and baked..Great chicken..

Heck I have even made them..

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum