Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

"DINNER" ... ((FEBRUARY 2015 ))

+4
cookingirl
Bugster2
Barbara101
UNCLE JIMMY
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9 ... 14  Next

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 14]

101"DINNER" ...  ((FEBRUARY 2015 )) - Page 5 Empty Re: "DINNER" ... ((FEBRUARY 2015 )) Mon Feb 09, 2015 1:02 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

I use that site all of the time. Although it isn't complete by any means, I love that I can instantly look at the ingredients and sometimes pictures.

102"DINNER" ...  ((FEBRUARY 2015 )) - Page 5 Empty Re: "DINNER" ... ((FEBRUARY 2015 )) Mon Feb 09, 2015 9:50 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

I went on a day trip with Lyn & Barb to Orlando. We went to PF Chang's for lunch....we were all stuffed!

Dane went to a movie with Bill and they went out for a late lunch/early supper.

No cooking here tonight.

103"DINNER" ...  ((FEBRUARY 2015 )) - Page 5 Empty Re: "DINNER" ... ((FEBRUARY 2015 )) Mon Feb 09, 2015 10:12 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Had a plastic bowl of hot and spicy Chinese noodles.
Just add hot water and wait 3 minutes.
Dessert was peanut butter cookies, and a small prune Danish.

Tina had a biscuit and a cup of tea. Her stomach is tipsy today.

104"DINNER" ...  ((FEBRUARY 2015 )) - Page 5 Empty Re: "DINNER" ... ((FEBRUARY 2015 )) Tue Feb 10, 2015 2:35 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

We are having a heat wave of all things. it is supposed to get up into the high 80's by Friday. I guess I will start out with making beer can chicken for tonight and a pasta salad. No heavy roasts for us for a while.

105"DINNER" ...  ((FEBRUARY 2015 )) - Page 5 Empty Re: "DINNER" ... ((FEBRUARY 2015 )) Tue Feb 10, 2015 5:06 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Bugster2 wrote:We are having a heat wave of all things. it is supposed to get up into the high 80's by Friday. I guess I will start out with making beer can chicken for tonight and a pasta salad. No heavy roasts for us for a while.

We are having a heat wave too!
I'm sweating shoveling and chopping ice covering the driveway.
It is a balmy 35º out now.

Just broke down the last ton and a half of wood pellets. Supposed to dip to the teens again by friday.

Tina went to PA, to bring her 94 yo aunt a couple bowls of jelled pigs feet, and lemon pie tarts.

I'm drying off, and then back outside to knock giant ice cycles off the roof and gutter in the front.

I have no clue for supper today???...maybe some egg salad and tuna salad sandwiches???

106"DINNER" ...  ((FEBRUARY 2015 )) - Page 5 Empty Re: "DINNER" ... ((FEBRUARY 2015 )) Tue Feb 10, 2015 5:22 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Dane's going to an early supper after his golf. Darn ~ no cooking here.

(tee hee ~ so sad)

107"DINNER" ...  ((FEBRUARY 2015 )) - Page 5 Empty Re: "DINNER" ... ((FEBRUARY 2015 )) Tue Feb 10, 2015 6:40 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

"DINNER" ...  ((FEBRUARY 2015 )) - Page 5 10989168_787434704638370_7575351933163462377_n

108"DINNER" ...  ((FEBRUARY 2015 )) - Page 5 Empty Re: "DINNER" ... ((FEBRUARY 2015 )) Tue Feb 10, 2015 9:06 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

"DINNER" ...  ((FEBRUARY 2015 )) - Page 5 DSC_0116_1

109"DINNER" ...  ((FEBRUARY 2015 )) - Page 5 Empty Re: "DINNER" ... ((FEBRUARY 2015 )) Tue Feb 10, 2015 11:29 pm

NormM

NormM

At my DIL's request, I made this flourless Chocolate Raspberry Torte for Valentine's Day.

"DINNER" ...  ((FEBRUARY 2015 )) - Page 5 DSCN2258_zpsxpsbmyaz

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

110"DINNER" ...  ((FEBRUARY 2015 )) - Page 5 Empty Re: "DINNER" ... ((FEBRUARY 2015 )) Tue Feb 10, 2015 11:59 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Looks great Norm!.... Wish you could see how big my eye's opened
looking at that tort!

111"DINNER" ...  ((FEBRUARY 2015 )) - Page 5 Empty Re: "DINNER" ... ((FEBRUARY 2015 )) Wed Feb 11, 2015 12:30 am

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

What a Jolly Day today!
Got a lot done with the ice chipping and snow removal, and even had a funeral and burial.
Tina had a feral kitty ( Sweetie ) that she was feeding, and keeping in a little heated house. Well, it died today!
Tina felt bad, but on the other hand, she was happy the kitty was well fed, and was kept warm in that little heated house.

Tina was in PA all day at her aunts, and then she went to the restaurant suppy to get ground beef....Italian sausage, and a nice chuck roast for tomorrow!The son and DIL will be here after work to eat.

Supper was pizza that the "T" mommy bought ....and then Krispy Kreme doughnuts.

I made a container of egg salad, but that will be a lunch for tomorrow thing!

112"DINNER" ...  ((FEBRUARY 2015 )) - Page 5 Empty Re: "DINNER" ... ((FEBRUARY 2015 )) Wed Feb 11, 2015 8:39 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

Barb - the jambalaya looks fabulous! How lucky you are to have such large shrimp! I still have a bunch of those baby size ones in my freezer (river shrimp). It takes me HOURS to clean 'em....they are great tasting but a PITA to prep. Dane keeps telling me it was good we did the river shrimping once because then I won't want to do it again.

WRONG. I'll just be a little more selective about the sizes I keep. The little ones will just be tossed and I'll only save the large size, the ones easier to deal with later.

Norm - your raspberry tart looks as lovely as the first time you made it. No wonder it's a 'choice' for a special dessert.

Jimmy, I'll bet Tina loves that shopping trip to PA and the visit with her aunt. I love shopping where I know the product(s) are superior quality way above what I can get locally. Every time we go on a day trip, Lyn & I make sure we have our little cooler and insulated shopping bags 'just in case'. You never know when you'll find a really great specialty store.

113"DINNER" ...  ((FEBRUARY 2015 )) - Page 5 Empty Re: "DINNER" ... ((FEBRUARY 2015 )) Wed Feb 11, 2015 9:25 am

Barbara101

Barbara101

Well since my crabbers and shrimpers have a job,looking at collages and then going away and one already left town to live with his dad..The other 2? IDK..
It won't be long till I will be buying them.Unless I do it lol. And I could. It is just that is something I won't do alone. Plus if it is HOT & Buggie forget it.

My stash is going down fast.

Jimmy I hope you do not overdue yourself.That is why I live i the south.The mild winter.Summer now that sucks..

Norm you sure have a great knack for sweets..Looks awesome.I have making a cheesecake now on my mind.. "DINNER" ...  ((FEBRUARY 2015 )) - Page 5 2599281016

114"DINNER" ...  ((FEBRUARY 2015 )) - Page 5 Empty Re: "DINNER" ... ((FEBRUARY 2015 )) Wed Feb 11, 2015 11:18 am

Barbara101

Barbara101

Every time we go on a day trip, Lyn & I make sure we have our little cooler and insulated shopping bags 'just in case'. You never know when you'll find a really great specialty store.

well by now you know you will lots of ice for that cooler come summer.. lol

115"DINNER" ...  ((FEBRUARY 2015 )) - Page 5 Empty Re: "DINNER" ... ((FEBRUARY 2015 )) Wed Feb 11, 2015 12:43 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:Barb - the jambalaya looks fabulous!  How lucky you are to have such large shrimp!  I still have a bunch of those baby size ones in my freezer (river shrimp).  It takes me HOURS to clean 'em....they are great tasting but a PITA to prep.  Dane keeps telling me it was good we did the river shrimping once because then I won't want to do it again.  

WRONG.  I'll just be a little more selective about the sizes I keep.  The little ones will just be tossed and I'll only save the large size, the ones easier to deal with later.

Norm - your raspberry tart looks as lovely as the first time you made it.  No wonder it's a 'choice' for a special dessert.

Jimmy, I'll bet Tina loves that shopping trip to PA and the visit with her aunt.  I love shopping where I know the product(s) are superior quality way above what I can get locally.  Every time we go on a day trip, Lyn & I make sure we have our little cooler and insulated shopping bags 'just in case'.  You never know when you'll find a really great specialty store.

Beth, why do the shrimp have to be cleaned?
You should just make peel & eat....and let the eater clean em. LOL

I remember my nephew who lives in Severn, MD.....eat Maryland crabs and eat what they call ( I think ) "Dead Mans'".....ewwwww.
He said "uncle jiamee" in his Maryland Accent,
"We All eat that crap down here!"

116"DINNER" ...  ((FEBRUARY 2015 )) - Page 5 Empty Re: "DINNER" ... ((FEBRUARY 2015 )) Wed Feb 11, 2015 1:02 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

I have a friend from Hong Kong who eats all of the green innards in a whole lobster. Nothing except the shell gets thrown away. I was so grossed out.

117"DINNER" ...  ((FEBRUARY 2015 )) - Page 5 Empty Re: "DINNER" ... ((FEBRUARY 2015 )) Wed Feb 11, 2015 2:31 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

Bugster2 wrote:I have a friend from Hong Kong who eats all of the green innards in a whole lobster. Nothing except the shell gets thrown away. I was so grossed out.

yup.that happened at a very swank dinner party we went to in Wash Dc.Hostess was Swedish.Gosh their home was so upscale .Table was set to the nines.She placed 2 huge platters of whole steamed lobsters on the table,sitting on a bed of seaweed..Then it went downhill.Both of them ate everything on that lobster including the head & all that gross stuff. affraid "DINNER" ...  ((FEBRUARY 2015 )) - Page 5 2363720550

118"DINNER" ...  ((FEBRUARY 2015 )) - Page 5 Empty Re: "DINNER" ... ((FEBRUARY 2015 )) Wed Feb 11, 2015 3:08 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

GOOG! COUGH! RETCH!

119"DINNER" ...  ((FEBRUARY 2015 )) - Page 5 Empty Re: "DINNER" ... ((FEBRUARY 2015 )) Wed Feb 11, 2015 3:22 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

By-the-way, we just watched a movie called "The Hundred-Foot Journey" with Helen Mirren. It is about and Indian family that opens a restaurant across the street from a 2-star restaurant. We really enjoyed it and I think everyone would who is interested in food would enjoy it.

120"DINNER" ...  ((FEBRUARY 2015 )) - Page 5 Empty Re: "DINNER" ... ((FEBRUARY 2015 )) Wed Feb 11, 2015 3:36 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

UNCLE JIMMY wrote:
Beth, why do the shrimp have to be cleaned?
You should just make peel & eat....and let the eater clean em. LOL

I remember my nephew who lives in Severn, MD.....eat Maryland crabs and eat what they call ( I think ) "Dead Mans'".....ewwwww.
He said "uncle jiamee" in his Maryland Accent,
"We All eat that crap down here!"

Since they are bottom feeders in the river and there is a power plant in the same area and discharging into the river, I always clean the shrimp completely. The locals may call me crazy but I prefer not taking a chance of 'glowing in the dark'. LOL

(I know, I know....but since it's ME standing at the sink for 3 hours cleaning the little things, I guess I'll just stick to doing it my way.)

121"DINNER" ...  ((FEBRUARY 2015 )) - Page 5 Empty Re: "DINNER" ... ((FEBRUARY 2015 )) Wed Feb 11, 2015 3:38 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Bugster2 wrote:By-the-way, we just watched a movie called "The Hundred-Foot Journey" with Helen Mirren. It is about and Indian family that opens a restaurant across the street from a 2-star restaurant. We really enjoyed it and I think everyone would who is interested in food would enjoy it.

Yes, I enjoyed it, too. I would have preferred more in depth cooking scenes, but it was a good film. Helen Mirren is such a class act. Love her movies, even the one where she's a crack shot with high powered machine guns, etc.

122"DINNER" ...  ((FEBRUARY 2015 )) - Page 5 Empty Re: "DINNER" ... ((FEBRUARY 2015 )) Wed Feb 11, 2015 7:53 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

I don't know if it's because it's been a while since I've made a 'complete' meal, but tonight's supper was one of the best in recent memory:

Pan braised pork chops, roasted potatoes w/basalmic onions, Penzey seasoned green beans and red hot candy fried applesauce.

"DINNER" ...  ((FEBRUARY 2015 )) - Page 5 021115

123"DINNER" ...  ((FEBRUARY 2015 )) - Page 5 Empty Re: "DINNER" ... ((FEBRUARY 2015 )) Wed Feb 11, 2015 7:57 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

"DINNER" ...  ((FEBRUARY 2015 )) - Page 5 3593629538    I have not fixed any dinner yet. I have shrimp to use & rib roast. SO?

124"DINNER" ...  ((FEBRUARY 2015 )) - Page 5 Empty Re: "DINNER" ... ((FEBRUARY 2015 )) Wed Feb 11, 2015 8:00 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Surf & Turf !!!!

125"DINNER" ...  ((FEBRUARY 2015 )) - Page 5 Empty Re: "DINNER" ... ((FEBRUARY 2015 )) Wed Feb 11, 2015 8:41 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

"DINNER" ...  ((FEBRUARY 2015 )) - Page 5 Scampi2

Fast & easy scampi.   Since lobster is on sale just about every store,I am going to pick some up.maybe grill them.With a few shrimp.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 14]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9 ... 14  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum