Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Trying to come up food ideas.

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Trying to come up food ideas. Empty Trying to come up food ideas. Mon Nov 17, 2014 12:18 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

I want to take some in car snacks & food with me. Ghezz.. Rolling Eyes 

Grapes but I can not eat many to much sugar in them..Other fruit..Maybe a apple..Hate raw carrots & celery that is out.
I will take some almonds..

No salt.. No bread..No chips & junk..

Can not eat yogurt while driving lol.

So I am pretty much at a a loss,

Water yes,maybe some sort of juice , maybe cranberry..

Suspect Rolling Eyes Trying to come up food ideas. 1450907917

2Trying to come up food ideas. Empty Re: Trying to come up food ideas. Mon Nov 17, 2014 12:32 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

What about raw cauliflower? If it's on ice it's a fairly refreshing treat. Maybe some cubed chicken?

Be sure if you take juice bottles that you crack the tops when you put them in the cooler so you don't have to struggle while driving.

Actually, it would probably be much better if you didn't try to drink/eat and drive. Stop at a rest area to stretch your legs and eat a snack then.

3Trying to come up food ideas. Empty Re: Trying to come up food ideas. Mon Nov 17, 2014 12:41 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

Maybe some cubed chicken?

oh that sounds good..thx..

4Trying to come up food ideas. Empty Re: Trying to come up food ideas. Mon Nov 17, 2014 2:31 pm

Imelda HL

Imelda HL

my DH liked his cold sandwiches when we had our road trips... ham/salami, sliced cheese, with breads or tortillas , we always had some green veggies ( fresh salad ) and dressing in our cooler, we liked to stop at the rest stops to have our meals, this way it's much faster/easier/cheaper than to eat in or buy foods at the restaurants

if we stayed for a few nights, I cooked and froze some meals, like corned beef, lasagna, pot roast and else, and heated them in the microwave from the hotel, this way we could save a lot of money and still had good foods, we brought a big box of green veggies and salad dressing

5Trying to come up food ideas. Empty Re: Trying to come up food ideas. Wed Nov 19, 2014 2:54 pm

Crybaby

Crybaby

Bethk wrote:Actually, it would probably be much better if you didn't try to drink/eat and drive. Stop at a rest area to stretch your legs and eat a snack then.

Just be careful when you stop in those places since you're traveling alone. Make sure there's a decent amount of people there when you arrive or just leave. They tend to scare me... affraid

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum