Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Since when is a pork chop

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Since when is a pork chop Empty Since when is a pork chop Tue May 20, 2014 10:26 am

Barbara101

Barbara101

called a porterhouse? New term for me. Shocked 

2Since when is a pork chop Empty Re: Since when is a pork chop Tue May 20, 2014 6:27 pm

JanaAZ

I've seen it too. It's just the cut.

3Since when is a pork chop Empty Re: Since when is a pork chop Tue May 20, 2014 7:20 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

It's the part that has the round tenderloin on one side of the "T" bone.....actually very tender and flavorful.

4Since when is a pork chop Empty Re: Since when is a pork chop Tue May 20, 2014 7:38 pm

NormM

NormM

I suppose a porterhouse is the same as it is on a cow.  Along the spine, just below the rib cage and down to the small of the back are the steaks or chops. The first ones are the largest and should be the same as a Porterhouse.  After that comes the chops or T-bones.

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

5Since when is a pork chop Empty Re: Since when is a pork chop Tue May 20, 2014 10:49 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Beth is right. It is the tenderloin piece that the butcher leavs on the rib cut that makes it a porterhouse..

If te tendrloin is cut off then it's a T bone, and without the bone....it is a shell steak.
Some parts ( Pa or NY state) they call it then, a Delmonico steak.
(above info from Tina the Meat Lady ) ,,,,, there is more I could say about that , but I would be thrown off the forum , and get my rear kicked lol! . hahahahahahaha....

6Since when is a pork chop Empty Re: Since when is a pork chop Tue May 20, 2014 11:14 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

ooops!..... didn't see the word pork.

then T said its a loin chop.

7Since when is a pork chop Empty Re: Since when is a pork chop Wed May 21, 2014 7:49 am

Barbara101

Barbara101

UNCLE JIMMY wrote:ooops!..... didn't see the word pork.

then T said its a loin chop.

lol! that is what I have called them. They are the big ones or should say thick.I grill them or smoke them.Or stuff them.
I saw a recipe (now I forgot Since when is a pork chop 1838020472 ) but they called them porterhouse.

I love those pork shoulders chops too.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum