Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bad moving day

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Bad moving day Empty Bad moving day Tue Apr 15, 2014 5:28 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

Saturday, we were going to move everything out of our roomie's storage unit into our garage so we could go through everything and decide what to keep and what to get rid of. plus we are trying to save her $300/month in storage fees. We plan on putting up a large storage shed in the backyard to store the things she wants to keep. We got the truck and my DH was moving the fridge up the ramp. I was stabilizing the unit and our roomie was on the ramp behind me. She was wearing thongs and got her foot caught on the lip of the ramp and took a nosedive onto the concrete. What was she thinking wearing flip flops??? A true faceplant. She didn't even put out her arms to stop the fall. OY! She couldn't do anything but make horrible noises. After 5 minutes I called the paramedics because I had no idea how badly she was hurt. After they arrived she revived enough to decline an ambulance (I felt like a horses ass for calling them). She was able to get into the car and I took her to the ER. When she was taken back to her room, I left and went back to help my DH with the move. We work very well as a team if I follow his instructions. We got the unit cleaned out (7 trips with the van) just in time to go back to the ER and pick up our roomie. A broken nose, a split lip, a split eyebrow and two black knees. My DH has been helping her keep the pain under control with some stiff hot toddys and ice packs. For some reason the ER doc didn't give her any pain pills. GAD! What a day. To add insult to injury I kept hitting my knees on the trailer hitch so I was sore the next day with black and blue knees.

2Bad moving day Empty Re: Bad moving day Sat Apr 19, 2014 4:10 am

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Bugster2 wrote: My DH has been helping her keep the pain under control with some stiff hot toddys and ice packs. For some reason the ER doc didn't give her any pain pills. GAD! What a day. To add insult to injury I kept hitting my knees on the trailer hitch so I was sore the next day with black and blue knees.

Wow! Just read this bugs... what a turn into xxit day that was. Holy cow!
I hate those flip flops.
A couple years ago, Tina and her friend Mary... went to Buffalo, NY to see this father Corapi speak at the civic center. When she was leaving I gave her specific instructions to Be careful with the speeding upstate NY; because they target out of state drivers a lot.
I also said, NOT to wear the flip flops; because they are dangerous while walking. She said,"I know!"

Anyway... On Rt. 20, a secondary road near Buffalo, she gets a speeding ticket. $200.00 for doing 73 on a 45 MPH secondary rd.  Mad 

She and Mary, were going for a jaunt on the town, and walking through the parking lot, she caught her flip flop in a crack in the pavement, and took a spill on her knees and split her elbow open.  Bad moving day 2787578702 

She called me later, and said,"Jimmy, You Jinxed Me; don't tell me anything about shoes anymore!"
Then she told me I jinxed her trip, because she got the speeding ticket. She was lucky and got no points on her NJ license....BUT The car insurance went up like 300.00 because of the speeding ticket

On the way home... about 1/2 block from the house... she gets pulled over by the town cop for not wearing her seatbelt... 60.00 ticket.
Then.... Pulling into the bank parking lot the next day... she gets pulled over for not wearing her seatbelt.
She told the cop she unbuckled the belt as soon as she entered the lot so she could manouver easy to get to the stupid drive thru machine. She said to the cop,"I took the belt off on private property, and he said...no, public property, so welcome to a ticket. Another 60.00
Dr.s are very reluctant to give pain pills. They are scared xxitless that they would become a Dr. Murray ( the jackson Dr. ) and get in trouble with whomever.

Not to worry.... My cousin gets pain meds 1...2...3... easily from his dr, and so I got three bottles of pain meds just in case. I didn't know it, but when I had my hernia operation, I was still in pain 2 months after the surgery. I asked the surgeon for like low dose pain meds, and he said," I can't because you have reached your limit to be given to you because of the drug control system!" ....

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum