Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Strawberry Shortcake

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Strawberry Shortcake Empty Strawberry Shortcake Sat Mar 01, 2014 5:11 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

I have the strawberries sliced and sprinkled w/sugar to "juice" a bit so there will be plenty to soak into our shortcakes tonight.

I am SO glad I found the White Lily Self-rising cream biscuit / shortcake recipe. It's so very easy. I didn't have a full 8 oz. of heavy whipping cream so I just kind of played with the ingredient amounts ~ approx. 1 1/4 c. White Lily Self-rising flour, 2 Tbsp. granulated sugar....mix to incorporate. Stir in 1/2 c. heavy whipping cream (or what is needed to create a dough) until flour is moistened. Knead about 6 times, or, do as I do and pat out, fold into 1/3's on top of each other and keep folding until the dough is smooth. Pat out to approximately 1" or so and cut with a floured cutter or a knife cutting into squares. Place on parchment lined sheet pan. Brush tops with cream & sprinkle with granulated or "fancy" sugar sprinkles. Bake at 425° for 17-18 minutes, or until lightly brown. Cool on rack.

Strawberry Shortcake Shortbreads

2Strawberry Shortcake Empty Re: Strawberry Shortcake Sat Mar 01, 2014 9:57 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

yum

Strawberry Shortcake Dessert

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum