Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Coconut Oil

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Coconut Oil Empty Coconut Oil Tue May 14, 2013 1:18 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Here's a pic of the jar of Coconut Oil I picked up at TJ Maxx yesterday for around $5....

Coconut Oil CoconutOil

It is 14 Fl. Oz. and it's produced in Sonoma, CA. It is a saturated fat.

The back label states: "Coconut oil is the new kid on the block. A long time favorite in Southeast Asia, it is now being re-discovered here in North America. Use in baking and sauteing. Also wonderful for cosmetic use as a massage oil or for your hair."

Like I said, I would normally purchase it in the grocery store but I thought the label on this jar would be attractive enough to sit on my bathroom counter instead of spooning some into a smaller container.

2Coconut Oil Empty Re: Coconut Oil Wed Jun 05, 2013 5:28 pm

Imelda HL

Imelda HL

bethk wrote:Here's a pic of the jar of Coconut Oil I picked up at TJ Maxx yesterday for around $5....

Coconut Oil CoconutOil

It is 14 Fl. Oz. and it's produced in Sonoma, CA. It is a saturated fat.

The back label states: "Coconut oil is the new kid on the block. A long time favorite in Southeast Asia, it is now being re-discovered here in North America. Use in baking and sauteing. Also wonderful for cosmetic use as a massage oil or for your hair."

Like I said, I would normally purchase it in the grocery store but I thought the label on this jar would be attractive enough to sit on my bathroom counter instead of spooning some into a smaller container.

I meant to ask you about this.. I bought a can at Marshall and it cost me $7.99 Shocked but mine has Organic sign on it , so How do you like it.. I haven't opened mine yet, it's still sitting on my kitchen counter... do you use it as body cream? My feet are so dry, I was thinking to apply some on them, I wonder if it will be too oily/greasy.. as I don't like sticky feet Shocked lol!

3Coconut Oil Empty Re: Coconut Oil Wed Jun 05, 2013 5:33 pm

JanaAZ

I have had some for a long time. I do use it in cooking occasionally, but I haven't tried it as a body cream. I know they say it's supposed to be really good for you, but it is saturated fat, so I don't get it. I'll have to do more research on it.

4Coconut Oil Empty Re: Coconut Oil Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:47 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

I've been using it for a few months now and I think it's really a nice moisturizer.

It is like any other lotion in that it needs time to "dry" but when it is dry my skin feels much smoother and softer. Maybe it doesn't work the same for every skin type, but it works for me.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum