Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Green Bean with Dill Salad

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Green Bean with Dill Salad Empty Green Bean with Dill Salad Tue May 14, 2013 7:11 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

Barb mentioned she wouldn't like my potato salad so I thought I'd better come up with something else to make for when she might drop by for dinner. I came up with this recipe from my files. I like it because it has no mayo and is perfect for a pot luck where dishes may sit for a couple hours.

(I hope she likes this one!)

Green Bean with Dill Salad

1 lb. Green Beans, stem end trimmed
½ c. Red Onion, cut in thin slivers
2-3 Garlic cloves, smashed just to break and peeled
½ c. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
3 T. Fresh Dill, chopped
¼ t. Salt
¼ t. Freshly ground black pepper
3-4 T. Lemon Juice (one lemon)

Blanch beans in lightly salted boiling water just until tender crisp (3-4 minutes). Immediately cool in ice bath and then drain well and pat dry. Transfer to a large mixing bowl. Add the onion, garlic cloves, dill and salt and pepper. Toss gently to combine and coat the beans.

Allow to sit at room temperature for 30-45 min. to allow garlic to perfume the oil, stir once or twice. Just before serving, remove the garlic and add the lemon juice, tossing to coat; correct seasonings to taste.

Serve at room temperature.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum