Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

January 2014: What's Cooking in the Kitchen?

+5
NormM
UNCLE JIMMY
Barbara101
bethk
Bugster2
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15  Next

Go down  Message [Page 14 of 15]

Barbara101

Barbara101

January 2014: What's Cooking in the Kitchen? - Page 14 Hearty-beef-lentil-chili-425b

chili I made over lentils  Mad Rolling Eyes 

Barbara101

Barbara101

January 2014: What's Cooking in the Kitchen? - Page 14 Cornbread-and-chili-425

save. I ate the cheese, picked at the chili beans, ate ALL the great cornbread with plugra butter.Lentils I gave to my girls..and they wouldn't eat them  January 2014: What's Cooking in the Kitchen? - Page 14 2876911673 

bethk

bethk
Admin

But at least you're keeping warm.....way to go, Barb ~ great way to spend a cold afternoon.

"he" slept off and on most of the day and is now thinking he's hungry. I pulled a small meatloaf out of the freezer, as well as a container of mashed potatoes, one of gravy and I'll put something on the table for a vegetable....probably limas. If that doesn't cure him, nothing will.

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Barbara101 wrote:January 2014: What's Cooking in the Kitchen? - Page 14 Cornbread-and-chili-425

save. I ate the cheese, picked at the chili beans, ate ALL the great cornbread with plugra butter.Lentils I gave to my girls..and they wouldn't eat them  January 2014: What's Cooking in the Kitchen? - Page 14 2876911673 

Whata ya tryin to do? Poison Them??

Looks great though! ... It's like the cats. I offer them people tuna, and they sniff it like they are smelling poop! they will not eat it; or even raw or cooked shrimp!.... PITA for sure!!

Barbara101

Barbara101

My cat is the same way she will only eat canned Friskies..Period..No seafood at all.Or any real food.Puppers just the opposite, I make & feed them people food.

Yeah no more messin with those lentils lol.

I was going to make meatloaf,mashed too.lol But I thought maybe my electric would go off. So that will be made in a few days oh yum yum...

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Tina made a meat sauce for spaghetti tonight. ( Ground beef cooked in the tomato sauce)
I don't like sauce that way, but the kids are coming over after work to eat.
I guess I will just eat something else. Ooooo! I have some fillet steaks I could have. They are already thawed out since yesterday. In refrigeration of course.

Naw! Maybe N O T .... I only have like two small ones, and I wouldn't want to eat them in front of the kids because I don't have any more. P I T A .... for sure.
OK then. Maybe I will have spaghetti with Tuna browned with toasted bread crumbs and minced garlic. Lots of lemon juice on top. They all hate that; so I will marinade the steaks for tomorrow.

bethk

bethk
Admin

yeah, Jimmy, nothin' like enjoying a wonderful meal nobody else likes....somehow it makes it all that much better to eat it in front of them. lol

bethk

bethk
Admin

I don't know if I'm coming down with the Ohio scourge or if I'm just achy and tired from too little sleep, but all I wanted to do was get supper on the table and be done with it. I've taken four ibuprofen tablets and I'm going to take a hot shower and hit the bed for the night. No sense in taking chances IF a good night's sleep will be part of the cure.

But Dane's happy to have "real" food - this is one of his favorite meals (all pulled out of the freezer but I'm not sayin' anything about that.)

January 2014: What's Cooking in the Kitchen? - Page 14 012914

Bugster2

Bugster2

How do you make your gravy? I can't seem to find a recipe to use on meatloaf that tastes good.

Imelda HL

Imelda HL

Imelda HL wrote:am thinking of omelet since yesterday.. so today will ( or might ) cook omelet for supper.. I have smoked salmon to add into it.. but we'll see..   Smile 

change of plan.. I did not make salmon omelet ( we eat salmon/tuna omelet with rice for dinner meal ).. I saw I had enough smoked salmon for salmon patties.. so I made some patties.. it was so good.. I coated them with coarse Panko, so the crusts were crunchy

January 2014: What's Cooking in the Kitchen? - Page 14 58-1

I had some leftover wild rice mi, and I sauteed some zucchini and carrots

January 2014: What's Cooking in the Kitchen? - Page 14 59-3

January 2014: What's Cooking in the Kitchen? - Page 14 60-3

bethk

bethk
Admin

Gorgeous meal, Imelda. I love that you made the zucchini/carrot "spaghetti"....because it's so colorful and so much fun ~ well, that and it tastes good!

bethk

bethk
Admin

Bugster2 wrote:How do you make your gravy? I can't seem to find a recipe to use on meatloaf that tastes good.

Here's my secret:

When I have a really good pot roast or short ribs I save the leftover gravy and freeze it in snack size zip bags in the freezer. Then, just a reheat with some additional water and a good stir and I have fabulous gravy with my meatloaf.

I've never been able to make gravy out of the greasy, tomato-y fat from a meatloaf baking.

Bugster2

Bugster2

Thank you Beth. Unfortunately I usually don't have any leftover gravy. I usually make a soup or stew with leftovers and use the gravy in the base.

Barbara101

Barbara101

Bugster2 wrote:How do you make your gravy? I can't seem to find a recipe to use on meatloaf that tastes good.

I use ketchup on meatloaf lol.Even when I make a sandwich next day I use ketchup on it.Yet I never use it on burgers.

NormM

NormM

Meatloaf is about the only thing I use ketchup on but I always mix brown sugar and dry mustard in with it. Actually, I just use enough ketchup to moisten the brown sugar and mustard. It's more of a brown sugar paste with a little ketchup added in.

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

Crybaby

Crybaby

Imelda wrote:Crybaby.. yes.. the whole container.. he was surprised and happy.. he said he'd bring home to share with his wife.. how sweet

No, YOU were the sweet one, Imelda, for going to all that trouble for him. It looked scrumptious, too!

bethk

bethk
Admin

I guess I shouldn't sneeze when I'm trying to take a pic of supper.... oh, well, you get the idea ~ braised/roasted pork steak, boiled potatoes with peas and a wilted lettuce salad (using some romaine and some of Dane's retirement present.....)

January 2014: What's Cooking in the Kitchen? - Page 14 013014

Barbara101

Barbara101

January 2014: What's Cooking in the Kitchen? - Page 14 264036_283950878381043_245068032_n

bethk

bethk
Admin

Yum, yum, yum, YUM, YUM ~ That's what I want, Barb!

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Yum Yum here too Barb!

We had tough fillet steaks today. Tina tried some from a market, but it turned out it was select grade, and not choice or prime grade 3. DD was over, and spat it out into the garbage can.
All while I was chewing the livin heck out of my steak. I finally got to the point where my jaw got a charlie horse in it. I had pucker cheeks... ( face cheeks ). It was funny! Tina said it was 7.89 a pound funny. Geeze... the beef in Dinty Moore beef stew is softer than that stuff we had.

Barbara101

Barbara101

was is that great steak from wal mart  January 2014: What's Cooking in the Kitchen? - Page 14 2876911673 January 2014: What's Cooking in the Kitchen? - Page 14 2876911673 January 2014: What's Cooking in the Kitchen? - Page 14 2876911673 That ad cracks me up.. Like folks who eat prime would think for one nano second they where eating prime.. Oh & from wal mart. Bunch of paid nuts......

Besides that,, wal mart does not sell prime. They have some surprise meat.Surprise !!!!!!!!!!!!you are not sick ...

Heck ,,no where around here even has prime.I don't even know if that meat in Costco is prime?? I do know the gd beef is great.The pork is great too.I bought a leg of lamb & it was so wonderful..Could have been because I have not had lamb in yrs & was over joyed lol.Butterflied ,stuffed,rolled & grilled..Oh man......

Kinda funny ,, since Tina was a butcher,& knows about meats..In fact she should take it back,that is if you had some to take back..

actually I  would think ya'll would buy half a beef . I used to do that when I lived in Baltimore.

Bugster2

Bugster2

There is a gourmet grocer around here that sells prime but I think steaks start at $30/lb. We do have a local meat market that can special order prime for you. Generally, choice is the best you can get in the stores. Costco is choice. They might have select but I am not sure. I buy select all of the time. I have a hard time chewing select with the exception of select filet mignon. Easy to chew but not much flavor.

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Barbara101 wrote:was is that great steak from wal mart  January 2014: What's Cooking in the Kitchen? - Page 14 2876911673 January 2014: What's Cooking in the Kitchen? - Page 14 2876911673 January 2014: What's Cooking in the Kitchen? - Page 14 2876911673 That ad cracks me up.. Like folks who eat prime would think for one nano second they where eating prime.. Oh & from wal mart. Bunch of paid nuts......

Besides that,, wal mart does not sell prime. They have some surprise meat.Surprise !!!!!!!!!!!!you are not sick ...

Heck ,,no where around here even has prime.I don't even know if that meat in Costco is prime?? I do know the gd beef is great.The pork is great too.I bought a leg of lamb & it was so wonderful..Could have been because I have not had lamb in yrs & was over joyed lol.Butterflied ,stuffed,rolled & grilled..Oh man......

Kinda funny ,, since Tina was a butcher,& knows about meats..In fact she should take it back,that is if you had some to take back..

actually I  would think ya'll would buy half a beef . I used to do that when I lived in Baltimore.

It was me who said to buy it. She already knew by the color and the lack of marbling, that is was probably Austrailian Beef.
Thank god she only bought a small piece to try. Now I know why she said,"Here is the cow meat you wanted!" lol January 2014: What's Cooking in the Kitchen? - Page 14 1838020472 

Barbara101

Barbara101

well I planned on grilling a steak tonight. Good weather now.. Chinese New Year makes me want stir fry tho..

Imelda HL

Imelda HL

here are my Chinese New Year Eve menu

fish has to be on the menu.. fish is the sign of prosperous  Smile so I have baked ( steam) fish in ginger and soysauce.. I added a bit of Balsamic vinegar

January 2014: What's Cooking in the Kitchen? - Page 14 70

pork hock and mushrooms cooked in soy sauce, one of the special menu too

January 2014: What's Cooking in the Kitchen? - Page 14 71

oranges and Pomello and then the red envelopes with money ( given by the elder people.. those are from my Mom )

January 2014: What's Cooking in the Kitchen? - Page 14 72

here is Dirk, happy with his red envelope  lol! excuse the messy background  January 2014: What's Cooking in the Kitchen? - Page 14 1838020472 

January 2014: What's Cooking in the Kitchen? - Page 14 DSCN1254

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 14 of 15]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum