Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Buttermilk Pie or Buttermilk pancakes

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Buttermilk Pie or Buttermilk pancakes Empty Buttermilk Pie or Buttermilk pancakes Sun Dec 01, 2013 1:15 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

or waffles. I have a carton almost full of store bought buttermilk .I want to use it up before I make REAL buttermilk.

Oh heck I might just make a pan of biscuits...cheers 

bethk

bethk
Admin

Biscuits and buttermilk fried chicken....

I like to soak my chicken in buttermilk/sriracha for tenderizing and super flavor, then into a light coating of panko & baked. Maybe started in a bit of oil for good color and then into the oven.

just thinkin' out loud here....

(I've got buttermilk in my refrigerator, too, AND some already cut up chicken fingers.)

3Buttermilk Pie or Buttermilk pancakes Empty Re: Buttermilk Pie or Buttermilk pancakes Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:56 pm

Crybaby

Crybaby

I never understood why they don't sell buttermilk in smaller containers, like they do heavy cream, so you don't have to buy a whole quart when you only need so much. I know you can make it yourself but I still would like to purchase a small amount occasionally.

When I used to use the breadmaker all the time, I used to buy the dried buttermilk instead and it worked out just fine.

NormM

NormM

And why do they sell highlight markers in a package of two when it takes me a year to use one and the other one is lost or dried up before I can use it?

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum