Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Guess I have to get my cable back

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Guess I have to get my cable back Empty Guess I have to get my cable back Tue Sep 17, 2013 1:17 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

http://www.finecooking.tv/?utm_source=social&utm_medium=fb_post&utm_term=no_offer&utm_content=mf-signup&utm_campaign=MF_social

I can not get PBS on my air antenna Sad Sad 

I miss my cooking programs so I guess I have to get cable back.
This one looks so good too.

2Guess I have to get my cable back Empty Re: Guess I have to get my cable back Tue Sep 17, 2013 1:23 pm

JanaAZ

I get PBS from Phx and Tucson in my Phx home so I can get the cooking shows. Unfortunately I don't get NBC in the mountains. I'm not missing that much although I do have to say I miss Top Chef. I'll have to see if they have the episodes on their website.

3Guess I have to get my cable back Empty Re: Guess I have to get my cable back Tue Sep 17, 2013 1:28 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

no PBS at all.I have upgraded too.I get some really great tv programs I like to watch.No cooking at all.

I never watched top chefs.

4Guess I have to get my cable back Empty Re: Guess I have to get my cable back Wed Sep 18, 2013 4:22 pm

Crybaby

Crybaby

Barbara101 wrote:I never watched top chefs.
I caught a few re-run episodes when I was up at night with insomnia but that was years ago.  I do plan to check it out this season (it starts in October per the ads), as it's set in New Orleans.  I'm hoping for some local ingredients unique to our area.  

I did read an article about how much the "stars" enjoyed their time in N.O. while filiming, though.  Padma said since she had her child here with her, she'd often stay the weekend just to eat.  God we have good food down here...

Cable is ridiculously expensive here, as we're such a small market.  We only have one cable provider that we can use in the Greater New Orleans market.  Maybe you can get a smaller "package" when you sign up again, B, if it's PBS you're really jonesin about.  

Many years ago (once the phone service got better) we "bundled" with Cox Cable so we have our cable, phone and Internet with Cox.  It goes up and up all the time.  We have four TVs (a Sony Bravia HD in the living room in an armoire -- a super TV beyond comparison and it's about 10 years old -- one on top of the fridge and one on the wall in each bedroom) and have a DVR box on the living room TV and HBO is our only "special channel."  We only have a "box" other than that in the kitchen so Brian can have HBO (we have a country kitchen where the kitchen is combined in a big room with the dining room and he likes to sit at the table and watch TV).  In the bedrooms, there are no cable boxes so we just have the cable plugged into the walls.  With the Intenet and the phone, we pay over $200/month, which to me is a crime.  But I could never take the man's cable away from him as he'd die!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum