Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Finally Pickle Relish

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Finally Pickle Relish Empty Finally Pickle Relish Tue Sep 17, 2013 6:26 am

thesweetestpea

thesweetestpea

Wonder when the vinegar smell will leave the house??? I prepared and canned 10 pints of candied pickle relish, enough for 2 years at least, especially if I share some jars. They joined the 5 pints of blueberry jam in the cupboard and the rest of the week will bring peach jam and tomato-basil-garlic jam. Then maybe some pizza sauce or marinara and chunky applesauce. I love canning what I grow. Also, put 5 bags of shredded zucchini in the freezer and 4 bags of browned/seasoned ground beef. We are bears preparing for winter!!! bom 

2Finally Pickle Relish Empty Re: Finally Pickle Relish Tue Sep 17, 2013 7:20 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

I love the smell of vinegar!  It must have something to do with my childhood, I'm sure.....

I think the most I'll be making is a couple jars of refrigerator pickles this year.  We just don't eat it like we use to.  The last time I made pickled beets, always a favorite (especially at holidays) the container lasted for almost a year.

Last year I made a bunch of tomato juice and marinara to freeze and there is still a good supply for DD to use....hope she does use it.

3Finally Pickle Relish Empty Re: Finally Pickle Relish Wed Sep 18, 2013 2:24 am

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

I love pickle relish!
I really love a relish they made called Emerald Relish.
B&G foods made it, and it is no longer available.
When we were in Lancaster,PA we figured we would see it there. At Intercourse canning factory outlet, we asked for it, but they had no clue. The woman there said, try the Lime Pickles which are really a Emerald Green, but they were slices and chunks. N O T !

I can get it Online from a place in Chicago where it is used on their Chicago Hot Dogs, but it's like 18.00 with shipping. It lasts a long time and I only eat it on hot dogs; so that may be my only way I'm gonna get some.

I will do some canned refrigerator Jewish Deli Pickles with just water and brine with garlic and pickling spices.
They are ready to eat in 7 days.

BTW...My favorite Pickle Episode.....

[

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum