Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Got my smoker

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Got my smoker Empty Got my smoker Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:11 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

Got my smoker 3267860543 

supposed to rain today .

I have a whole chicken butterflied. I just rubbed it with oil & dumped loads of applewood rub on it.

I have applewood chips in water soaking.

Had to run a orange cord threw a LV window lol. I am not sure if my breaker will hold it & the other thing running on that line.

I am wondering if It does rain,should I put it under the patio Or will rain slow it down or what.?? IDK.
learning will hit or miss I am sure.

Oh & I made mac & cheese. it will only take 1 hr. seems to me the chicken will take 2or 4.

Got my smoker 3267860543 

2Got my smoker Empty Re: Got my smoker Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:19 pm

NormM

NormM

Do you have heat control or is it just plug and go? There is probably a thermometer built in so you can see if it is cooling down because of the rain.

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

3Got my smoker Empty Re: Got my smoker Tue Sep 03, 2013 1:30 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Sounds like you need a cabana boy to run interference for you....let him do the running.

4Got my smoker Empty Re: Got my smoker Wed Sep 04, 2013 6:04 pm

Crybaby

Crybaby

Presuming electric is similar to charcoal, Barbara, the rain will indeed cool the smoker down, as will windy and/or cold weather, and it will take a little longer to cook something on it. Brian puts a piece of foil (lightly, just bent down) to cover the top holes when it's raining, as we don't have an overhang to put it under.

Just have your thermometer ready so you can take your chicken off when you're assured it's ready.

I hope you like it!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]