Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

OH for Petes sake

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1OH for Petes sake Empty OH for Petes sake Wed Aug 28, 2013 4:54 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

I fully intend to make Spanish Rice just so you can see what good spanish rice looks like. Shocked Shocked

BTW, It is not white!!!!No 

2OH for Petes sake Empty Re: OH for Petes sake Wed Aug 28, 2013 5:21 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Does yours look anything like this????

OH for Petes sake SpanishRice3

OH for Petes sake SpanishRice4

OH for Petes sake 02-01-13

3OH for Petes sake Empty Re: OH for Petes sake Wed Aug 28, 2013 5:24 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

yes yes yes. heck even the rice maker spanish rice is red. NOT White.Shocked 

sorry just had to say it lol

4OH for Petes sake Empty Re: OH for Petes sake Wed Aug 28, 2013 5:32 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

After talking about it yesterday I ended up making a batch to put in the freezer for DD and Mr. Amazing for after I leave. I pack it in 3 cup serving size in zip bags and freeze flat. Thaws quick and everyone likes it so they'll have that bunch of meals to remember me by.....

5OH for Petes sake Empty Re: OH for Petes sake Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:04 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Oh, and for any who have never made this,,,

You can add browned ground beef or not, depending upon your meal plan.  I traditionally made it as a main dish as opposed to a side.  But the rice was always cooked in a tomato juice or V-8 so it was tomato based.  And you can add as many types of peppers as you choose - I usually like to use onions, jalapeño peppers, Serrano peppers, sweet red bell peppers, cubanelle peppers and red pepper flakes.  Sometimes I add chopped celery, other times not....it's a versatile dish and is fun to play with.

The important thing, however, is to NOT overcook your rice.  Mushy Spanish rice ends up in the trash....

.lol!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum