Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Wet dog smell.....

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Wet dog smell..... Empty Wet dog smell..... Sat Jul 27, 2013 10:10 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

Help! I'm about ready to pitch a tent in the backyard just to get away from the wet dog smell.....and if I do, I'll be eaten alive by the monster mosquitos out there.

Huckleberry isn't a dirty dog, but he is large and hairy. And since our weather has cooled off and the humidity (and daily rain showers) has increased, well, the smell of dog surrounds me. Now, I know I'm super sensitive to odors. I'm allergic to smells like perfume, the odor of cleaning supplies like PineSol sends me into breathing distress. So no one else in the house says they can smell "DOG", so it's just me.

Any suggestions? I wish DD could smell like I do....maybe then she would be more proactive to do something. I don't know if its what he's eating or if its just that his skin and fur is stinky from being damp when he takes his run outside. I just know I won't miss this when I get on the plane to return to the villa!

2Wet dog smell..... Empty Re: Wet dog smell..... Sat Jul 27, 2013 10:56 am

NormM

NormM

Do they make doggie Fabeeze?

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

3Wet dog smell..... Empty Re: Wet dog smell..... Sat Jul 27, 2013 11:04 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

I've threatened duct tape but only got a dirty look - from Robin AND Huck. LOl

4Wet dog smell..... Empty Re: Wet dog smell..... Sat Jul 27, 2013 11:20 am

Barbara101

Barbara101

IDK. Maggie gets a smell. She is over her yeast infection but I sure can smell her. I bath them in Dawn.Sometimes I use tea tree oil based shampoo too.They both, well Molly for the most part,she is white & has very white/pink skin & gets really irritated fast. her skin will look like a baby's rash.Oh I use menthol powder on them some times.Calms down the rash.

I some times rub them down with vinegar lol Someone told me it it good to keep fleas away.doesn't..I have to buy expensive flea meds $$$$$$..

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum