Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Stuffed Zuchini

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Stuffed Zuchini Empty Stuffed Zuchini Wed Jul 24, 2013 3:39 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

I'm making stuffed zucchini (green) tonight. I thought I'd get everything ready and then assemble and bake when Dane is about done with his game of golf tonight. Supper will be late but that's OK once in a while.

I have cut my nice straight 10" zucchini in half and used a spoon to hollow out the seeds. They look like little green dugout boats the Aztec Indians traveled down the river on!

I've sauted a little onion, celery & carrot seasoned with some fresh thyme, parsley and red pepper flakes and let it cool. I'm going to mix together some spicy breakfast sausage with leftover rice and the vegetables and mix in some panko crumbs that I've softened with buttermilk and a squirt of sriracha hot sauce, oh, and an egg to help bind everything together.

I'll mound the stuffing (raw sausage) in the hollowed out zucchini and cover and bake until the sausage is cooked and the squash is tender. Then I'm planning to uncover, pour on some homemade marinara sauce and top with some slices of fresh mozzarella cheese and return it to the oven until the cheese is melted down into the filling.

It's very similar to what I'd do if I was making stuffed peppers or even stuffed tomatoes. Same idea, just a tweak here or there to make each a little different.

2Stuffed Zuchini Empty Re: Stuffed Zuchini Wed Jul 24, 2013 7:26 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

After I mixed the filling i put it into a bowl, covered and stashed it in the refrigerator to firm up, making it much easier to form into logs to fill the zucchini. Now I just have to wait another 30 minutes until its time to bake.

My salad is ready to dress and the table is set. I'm starting to get hungry!

3Stuffed Zuchini Empty Re: Stuffed Zuchini Wed Jul 24, 2013 8:32 pm

Imelda HL

Imelda HL

that sounds good.. I have never made it yet.. gonna try it some time

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum