Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Salmon Wellington (from Lore ~ Niagra Host)

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

bethk

bethk
Admin

SALMON WELLINGTON WITH ARUGULA HOLLANDAISE.

Ingredients:

6 to 8 leaves of chard
2 TBSP butter
3 cups sliced leeks, white and light green parts only
1/2 cup cream
6 cups spinach
salt and freshly ground pepper
8 oz scallops, chopped
2 tsp. paprika
1 tsp. gound ginger
pinch cayenne
i tsp. cinnamon
2 pieces skinned salmon, 1 1/2 pounds each
1 package pre-rolled puff pastry
1 egg, lightly beaten

ARUGULA HOLLANDAISE
1/2 cup butter
2 egg yolks
1 1/2 cups baby arugula, packed
salt and pepper

METHOD

Blanch chard leaes in boiling water, drain, refresh in cold water, drain again, then lay flat to be able to remove the tough stems.

Melr butter in skillet, add sliced leeks and sautee until soft, but not brown, add cream and simmer until thickened, one or two minutes, add spinach until it is wilted (I used frozen chopped) mix that well, simmer for two or three minutes, season with salt and pepper, then mix in scallops. cool to room temperature.

Combine paprika, ginger, cayenne and cinnamon, season salmon with salt, then sprikle bot sides with spice mixture.

Pre-heat oven to 400 F

Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, then place a a 10 inch square piece of pasty on parchment, then lay pieces of chard on that, leaving about 1 inch free.; then lay one piece of the salmon on that.

Spread the scallop/leek mixture on salmon, place second piece of salmon on top of that.

Next lay remaining chard leaves on top, tuck in around the sides

Roll remaining pastry into larger "square" cover the salmon, tucking pastry all around to make a sealed package.
Brush with remaining eggwash, and cut some slits into the pastry.

Bake salmon for 30-35 minutes until top is golden and salmon is done.

ARUGULA HOLLANDAISE

Slowly meld butter in med pot.
Place egg yolk, arugula yogurt in food processor and process until well combined.
Slowly pour the bubbling butter through the feed tube while machine is running, sauce will thicken. Season with salt/pepper. Serve warm.

******** This is a very large recipe, and the two pieces of salmon on top of each other made it difficult to slice nicely for serving. However, it was FABULOUS. The second and third times I made it, I used only one piece of salmon so the scallop mixture was just a "topping." Equally delicious, and served very nicely..

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum