Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Olive Bread

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Olive Bread Empty Olive Bread Fri Oct 18, 2019 2:05 pm

Crybaby

Crybaby

Olive Bread for the Bread Machine
Makes one 1-1/2 lb. loaf. Revised a recipe from food.com

1 cup plus 2 Tablespoons water
1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
3 cups bread flour
1-1/2 cups broken up feta
1 teaspoon fresh rosemary, finely chopped
Some microplaned fresh garlic
2 Tablespoons sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1-1/2 Tablespoons bread machine yeast
3/4 cup Kalamata olives, pitted, patted dry and coarsely chopped

1. Place the ingredients, except olives, in the bread pan in the order recommended by your machine's manufacturer. Process on the appropriate cycle and select bread color if you're making it in the machine.
2. Add olives at the raisin/nut signal or 5 to 10 minutes before last kneading cycle ends.
3. If you used the dough cycle, shape it in 2 loaves and let it rise for 30 minutes. Bake in a preheated 375°F oven for 30 minutes. [I'd make one large round loaf or use a larger loaf pan I have, as I don't think it would be enough dough for two loaves.]

Michelle's note: This was definitely a shorter, squat loaf but I'm used to that when I make bread with a lot of cheese in it. I'd have added some more gluten if I had any on hand as that would've helped the bread rise a bit more but you can't work miracles when there's a lot of cheese in a loaf of bread. We're definitely making this again as it was absolutely divine and the house smelled like heaven while it baked!

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum