Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Pet care suggestion

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Pet care suggestion Empty Pet care suggestion Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:32 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

DD has a goofy lab-hound who is the sweetest dog she could hope for. Huckleberry is a big gentle goof of a dog who would protect her and GS with his life, I'm sure. When she got him as a puppy one Thanksgiving Day (rescue animal) he was all huge paws and soft ears. It was love at first sight for the three of them.

Now it turns out Huck needs to have his rear knees surgically repaired. He has som sort of genetic defect - her vet says it's something that usually affects small dogs. DD at first was worried it was his hips, but the pain is from his knees. Now she's trying to come up with ideas of how to pay for the surgery that is estimated at around $750.

Anyone have any ideas? To say DD is short of cash is an understatement. If it weren't for bad lucks she'd have no luck at all. But she'll be fine eventually....she's just trying to think of a way to get the money for the surgery sooner than later.

2Pet care suggestion Empty Re: Pet care suggestion Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:15 am

cookingirl

cookingirl

Beth, I have GE CareCredit card just for pet care. You can select the time limit for payback without interest...
It has come in handy.

Could the Vet have a time payment policy? I mean so much per month until it is paid in full.

Sorry to hear of DD dog. I know knees are issues with a lot of dogs.... Sad Keep that jumping down!!! clown

3Pet care suggestion Empty Re: Pet care suggestion Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:57 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

That would normally be a good suggestion, but DD is just done with a bankruptcy and probably cannot qualify for any credit card. Long story but it's been a struggle for her for two + years since she lost a long term job. Like I said, if it were not for bad luck.....

If Huck were not such a good dog for her I'd probably just tell her to let it go. But he loves to run and play fetch and the running and turning is what makes him hurt. He will fetch a ball and then bring it back and spit it in your lap. Really well trained. He hasn't even attempted to sleep on my couch even though she let him sleep on hers. Yuck!

4Pet care suggestion Empty Re: Pet care suggestion Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:38 pm

cookingirl

cookingirl

maybe call a shelter/humane society? They may have low cost Vets...however, you do not know how good those Vets are.. Or~~is there a Vetrinary School nearby? If so, then you could try contacting them....just ideas

5Pet care suggestion Empty Re: Pet care suggestion Wed Jun 05, 2013 2:18 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Gee, I had not even thought of vet schools....gotta check that one out.

Thanks!

6Pet care suggestion Empty Re: Pet care suggestion Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:47 am

cookingirl

cookingirl

Beth, one of the cat forums has a link to low cost Vet options. Here is the address if your DD would like to check it out. I have a busy day today and will try to look into it later. It may help...

Address:

Catforum.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum