Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

(("FEBRUARY 2015"))... Breakfast / Lunch / Brunch....

4 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

NormM

NormM

We had more snow last night. I am having a roast beef sandwich on sourdough bread. I don't really want to get out but I think I'll go to Marshall's and see if they have any of that cloudberry stuff. I also want to see how my can handles in the snow. The Continental was good in bad weather. I hope the Mustang does OK.

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

NormM

NormM

I just got back from Marshalls. No cloudberry. They had a brand of jam called Scandinavian Delights but they only had blackberry and boysenberry. The streets were cleared and no problems but right now it is snowing hard again. Sigh. I am so ready for Spring.

bethk

bethk
Admin

I don't miss the freezing weather and/or snow AT ALL.

We've got misty rain & overcast skies but I'm still able to walk outside in a short sleeved shirt. It's suppose to get down in the low 30's for a few days....but it'll be back in the 70's in no time. I can take a couple days of closed windows & doors. It's the months and months of shivering I don't care to return to.

Barbara101

Barbara101

(("FEBRUARY 2015"))... Breakfast / Lunch / Brunch.... - Page 2 Chicken%20potatoes2

grilled chicken,stuffing & lemon potato with green olives..

bethk

bethk
Admin

Love the addition of olives to the stuffing....nice salty bite!

Barbara101

Barbara101

OOPs..dinner not lunch lol.

Thanks..YES YES I love olives.Man I could eat the whole container.I buy them from the olive bar.

bethk

bethk
Admin

I wanted to get salad fixin's ready to stash in the vegetable drawer. If I have everything prepped and all I have to do is put it into bowls I find we have it more often, a good thing.

So for my lunch, since I was messin' around with all the vegetables, I made myself a nice 'chef's salad'.....romaine, celery, carrots (in my prepped salad baggie), cubed cucumber, hard cooked egg, thick sliced deli black forest ham (I just ask for one slice, 1" thick) and a squirt of my store bought Green Goddess dressing.

bethk

bethk
Admin

Barbara101 wrote: (("FEBRUARY 2015"))... Breakfast / Lunch / Brunch.... - Page 2 Sloppy%20joe

chicken sandwich for me.

See? Similar ~ yet different! I used a couple leftover potatoes from last night & made a tiny bowl of potato salad to go with our sandwiches.

(("FEBRUARY 2015"))... Breakfast / Lunch / Brunch.... - Page 2 ChickenSandwichandpotatosalad

Barbara101

Barbara101

Oh YUM..If I had chips I would eat half bag. Embarassed I also down several pickles while making sandwich.

bethk

bethk
Admin

Yeah, the pickles are an important part of my sandwiches. I used the spicy Wickles Pickles, similar to my home-town Tony Packo's Sweet Hots. Yum.

Barbara101

Barbara101

(("FEBRUARY 2015"))... Breakfast / Lunch / Brunch.... - Page 2 11001896_1584323111808459_8422012527224198742_n

Barbara101

Barbara101

(("FEBRUARY 2015"))... Breakfast / Lunch / Brunch.... - Page 2 1506418_10201028875076314_858933004_n

HA eggs look like a taco..

bethk

bethk
Admin

ah, but a great way to use stuff up.....

lots of protein to start your day!

Barbara101

Barbara101

yes and I am making bread today.I also took out a duck breast that has been in the freezer for over a year lol.

Barbara101

Barbara101

(("FEBRUARY 2015"))... Breakfast / Lunch / Brunch.... - Page 2 Tec%20sandwich

taylor pork roll and egg.

Barbara101

Barbara101

(("FEBRUARY 2015"))... Breakfast / Lunch / Brunch.... - Page 2 Lemon%20scones4

what happens at 3AM Lemon Scones.

bethk

bethk
Admin

Ohhhh, those look delicious! I was up at 3 a.m. but all I did was lay in the chair trying to get back to sleep.

I couldn't stand the filthy tile floors another day so I got them cleaned and then remembered the bath towels needed to be folded.....geeez, I hate when I forget stuff like that.

By the time I was done, I was exhausted ~ the vacuuming and mopping puts such a strain on my back and wears me out. That's why I usually ask Dane to take care of those chores for me. But he's still down with the pulled muscle, still can just shuffle around the house. I should feel sorry for him but all I can think of when I'm this pooped from cleaning is, 'what a sorry excuse HE is!'......Nah, just kidding. He's getting a little better but I'll be much happier when the soreness and pain is gone and he can get back out on the golf course (and OUT OF MY HOUSE!!!). There's something to be said about being retired: Husbands may retire as long as they find someplace to be from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.

By the time I was done with my chores I was starving....ended up having lefto over kalbi beef and rice for my breakfast. It was almost as good as the first time around.

Barbara101

Barbara101

There's something to be said about being retired: Husbands may retire as long as they find someplace to be from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.

I met the nicest retired vet at the dock.He said being retired was the hardest job he had.lol.He was bored and was tired from doing nothing .

Being retied for me is easy. I can do anything I want or not do anything at all and be just fine.

NormM

NormM

When you retire, every night is Friday night, every morning is Saturday morning. If you do something you think you will regret in the morning, you can always sleep until noon.

When I retired, I thought if I shopped during the weekdays, I could have the roads and stores almost to myself because everyone would be at school or at work. Instead I get stuck behind slow cars driven by old people and in the stores I get stopped by former students pushing strollers.

Barbara101

Barbara101

(("FEBRUARY 2015"))... Breakfast / Lunch / Brunch.... - Page 2 Lemon%20scones3

bethk

bethk
Admin

I had some zucchini mini muffins I (amazingly) thought to take out of the freezer last night....good with my coffee.

I wouldn't, however, turn down an offer of one of your scones.....YUM!

Barbara101

Barbara101

Well I did not share this time. I hogged them all lol

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum