Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

When to toss...

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1When to toss... Empty When to toss... Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:44 am

Barbara101

Barbara101

those skillets that have bare spots in the coating?  When to toss... 635107192

2When to toss... Empty Re: When to toss... Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:55 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

as soon as the bare spots show....don't want that coating flaking off or peeling off in my food.

I was at BigLots and found 8" Tfal skillets for only $9 each (also saw them at Target for $22 each affraid ) so I picked up two to have on hand when my little skillets start to get scratched up. The 8" ones are the ones Dane & I usually use to cook a couple eggs when we're making breakfast for just one.....perfect fit and I have lids that fit to keep the steam in if I want.

I also bought a little Lodge cast iron (after seeing you make cornbread in one) and it's just the perfect size for a box of Jiffy Mix corn bread. That one will never peel off!

3When to toss... Empty Re: When to toss... Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:14 am

Barbara101

Barbara101

Looks like I might have to re skillet .  I have 3 Tfal love love them.One is a Griddle makes great grill marks on meat chicken etc.

Man I hate to throw out pans lol.

4When to toss... Empty Re: When to toss... Fri Jan 30, 2015 2:47 am

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

I was in the garage just today looking for diced tomatoes, and I came across three of those bargain non stick fry pans from K-Mart that Tina picked up years ago.
The Fiesta pans from Spain.

Once they start peeling, we throw them away, but not until after I remove the handle and screw to use on another pan same kind. Tina for some reason has a knack for burning handles on pans. LOL

5When to toss... Empty Re: When to toss... Thu Mar 05, 2015 4:54 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

You should have tossed them yesterday.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum