Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Takes a lot of willpower

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Takes a lot of willpower Empty Takes a lot of willpower Mon Sep 29, 2014 10:16 am

Barbara101

Barbara101

to just keep my yap shut.

I have a friend who's 16 yr old son got his gf prego.Moving on the boy is now 6mo or so old.
Most folks think their kid ,,,grandkid is just the cutest baby ever..

BUT this kid is not at all cute..He has the biggest head I have even seen on a baby.He looks like a elf to me. I know thats bad right???

She ,,, the grandma ... is all the time asking me & other ppl to vote on sites she enters him in as the cutest kid etc.. Takes a lot of willpower 2855670339 

I have not... I do not want to offend her so I kindof ignore the whole thing.She keeps asking did you vote did you vote.

So this morning I lied & said yes... Takes a lot of willpower 2855670339 Hope I don't go to hell..........

2Takes a lot of willpower Empty Re: Takes a lot of willpower Mon Oct 06, 2014 10:16 am

Barbara101

Barbara101

SOOOOOOOOO now she is asking for money for her son to go on a trip to Madagascar.OK I find this way over the top. $3500.He needs.I say take out a loan if you do not have the money or get a CC for that purpose.He is over 18. He is the same one with the baby.. Ghezz....I would never in a million years ask for money.

I am so ready to unfriend...

3Takes a lot of willpower Empty Re: Takes a lot of willpower Mon Oct 06, 2014 10:25 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

Go with your gut.

I do NOT contribute money for any kid who wants to take a trip somewhere unless they are the ones out performing services or some sort of fund raiser. When our oldest was in high school she wanted to go to Europe on a student study tour (aka: high school vacation with teacher chaperones). She helped with the garage sales, cookie sales, candy sale, etc. to earn the money to go. No one, not even her grandparents and aunts & uncles, were asked for 'contributions' to her trip expenses. Dane & I, however, scrimped and saved for over a year to afford the $$ for her to go.

As for the 'un-cute' baby. I usually just say something like, "oh, a BABY...." without a commitment about physical atributes. You could comment on the outfit the kid is wearing or the props....just don't exclain, "HOLY CRAP ~ THAT IS ONE UGLY BABY !!", because that, of course, would be considered rude of you....

4Takes a lot of willpower Empty Re: Takes a lot of willpower Fri Nov 07, 2014 2:08 am

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

When I was born, Mom said I was 9 lb. 11 ozs. Mom said she swore, 9 lbs. of me was all head! LOL...........
I was bald like Yule Brynner for like 14 months. Completely bald. Thank God my rest of my body grew enough to be normal in size.
When I did get hair, I got a lollypop stuck in it so bad, that mom had to cut the hair to unstick it.
I have that lollypop in a scrapbook that mom saved for us kids.
My first tooth that I lost (Temporary teeth) is in a square pill box in a piece of cotton and I have it in my night stand!.

OH! BTW.... There was a contest in the hospital where I was born, and I won Mom a prize, for having the most perfectly round HEAD!

5Takes a lot of willpower Empty Re: Takes a lot of willpower Sun Nov 09, 2014 11:25 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

A 16 year old going to Madagascar? Has anyone broken the news to him that his life, as he knew it, is forever changed with the arrival of that child? He is now an adult with adult responsibilities, such as the support of that child. $3500 for a trip to Africa? It should be put aside for diapers. And your friend is no friend.

6Takes a lot of willpower Empty Re: Takes a lot of willpower Tue Nov 11, 2014 12:33 am

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY wrote:When I was born, Mom said I was 9 lb. 11 ozs. Mom said she swore, 9 lbs. of me was all head! LOL...........
I was bald like Yule Brynner for like 14 months. Completely bald. Thank God my rest of my body grew enough to be normal in size.
When I did get hair, I got a lollypop stuck in it so bad, that mom had to cut the hair to unstick it.
I have that lollypop in a scrapbook that mom saved for us kids.
My first tooth that I lost (Temporary teeth) is in a square pill box in a piece of cotton and I have it in my night stand!.

OH! BTW.... There was a contest in the hospital where I was born, and I won Mom a prize, for having the most perfectly round HEAD!

Here I am with Mom. The perfectly Round head. Bald a whole year too! Mom called me Yule! ....

Takes a lot of willpower ChP7ud

7Takes a lot of willpower Empty Re: Takes a lot of willpower Tue Nov 11, 2014 7:00 am

Barbara101

Barbara101

awwww..cute..

8Takes a lot of willpower Empty Re: Takes a lot of willpower Tue Nov 11, 2014 7:48 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

All I can think of is you arriving huge head first.....Poor Mom.

She must have been a saint!

9Takes a lot of willpower Empty Re: Takes a lot of willpower Wed Nov 12, 2014 12:02 am

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:All I can think of is you arriving huge head first.....Poor Mom.

She must have been a saint!

Yeah!....Poor Mom all right!.... and they didn't have KY back then either.

No wonder why she waited to have brother 4 years later.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum