Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Spiral slicer

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Spiral slicer Empty Spiral slicer Fri Jun 27, 2014 12:47 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

I keep seeing these wonderful plates of zucchini spaghetti and want to make some but when I read the reviews on the spiral slicers, they are not great. Are there any good ones out there?

2Spiral slicer Empty Re: Spiral slicer Fri Jun 27, 2014 1:31 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

I bought a hand julian slicer.Then Beth bought one.Then Imelda bought one lol.

3Spiral slicer Empty Re: Spiral slicer Fri Jun 27, 2014 3:32 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

I already have a julienne slicer. I want a spiral slicer.

4Spiral slicer Empty Re: Spiral slicer Fri Jun 27, 2014 5:19 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Yeah, I'm stickin' with my OXO Julienne Slicer.  Does everything I want.  $10.  Fits easily in my drawer.  Does everything I want it to do.

Spiral slicer Bf75f917-d877-4463-a04e-1c0f84103d86

Jaden of Steamy Kitchen did a comparison of the spiral cutters. I don't remember her results, but here's a link to what she said:

http://www.steamykitchen.com/27754-vegetable-spiralizer-comparison-video.html

5Spiral slicer Empty Re: Spiral slicer Fri Jul 18, 2014 9:05 am

Niagara Visitor

My neighbour has one, don't know what kind, but she likes it, and she would be the first to throw it out if it didn't work. I will try to find out what it is. Her salads always look so nice!

6Spiral slicer Empty Re: Spiral slicer Fri Jul 18, 2014 9:16 am

Bugster2

Bugster2

I bought one. The brand is Paderno. It is fairly easy to use and cleans up quick. It is a bit difficult to press and turn the handle at the same time. I have tried zucchini, russets and carrots. I steamed the zucchini but I thought it tasted funny. For some reason my tasters have changed. I think the zucchini needed a sauce. I double fried the potatoes and they were excellent. The carrots were good too. Now, what else can I try making?

7Spiral slicer Empty Re: Spiral slicer Sun Jan 03, 2016 1:51 pm

Niagara Visitor

I found a Starfrit spiral slicer just before Christmas. $19.95 at Walmart. It works great. I have used it for salads doing cucumber, carrots, radishes. and zuccinni for a stir fry. Now my salads look interesting also!

8Spiral slicer Empty Re: Spiral slicer Sun Jan 03, 2016 2:02 pm

JanaAZ

I bought the one that goes on the Kitchen Aid mixer. It was expensive, but I love it.

9Spiral slicer Empty Re: Spiral slicer Sun Jan 03, 2016 2:11 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

I bought the one for the KA too. Got it for $65. A price I couldn't pass up. I used it to peel, core and slice 5lbs of apples in about 5 minutes. It was wonderful.

10Spiral slicer Empty Re: Spiral slicer Sun Jan 03, 2016 2:24 pm

Niagara Visitor

WOW! I asked Ms. Google to show me the KA attatchment. If I had seen that first, I probably would have bought it. However, I think mine will do for me. I don't do as much cooking for myself as I used to with hubby around.

11Spiral slicer Empty Re: Spiral slicer Sun Jan 03, 2016 2:27 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

My KA is from when Hobart made them . Guess that is why it is good as new 27yrears later .

12Spiral slicer Empty Re: Spiral slicer Sun Jan 03, 2016 2:46 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

You bet Barb. Someone on Cooking.com forums had a chrome plated beauty that I wish I had.

13Spiral slicer Empty Re: Spiral slicer Sun Jan 03, 2016 3:00 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

Yes, Ican not recall her name at the moment but I know who you are talking about . I have seen her on other forms too . Used my sons last Christmas , his is a few years old and totally not the quality as mine . Mine is so heavy . His is not and it seems just different .

14Spiral slicer Empty Re: Spiral slicer Sun Jan 03, 2016 3:41 pm

Niagara Visitor

Mine is probably 20+ years old. My daughter "inherited" it when she met her hubby. His ex-wife didn't take it along when she moved out. Cindy had it for 12 years, and I inherited it from her 6 years ago, so that's its 18 year history already.

15Spiral slicer Empty Re: Spiral slicer Sun Jan 03, 2016 5:27 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

I have a KA that is 25 years old and is still going strong.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]