Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Check out these beautys

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Check out these beautys Empty Check out these beautys Tue Apr 29, 2014 2:15 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

1 pack Bacon
   4-5 Sweet Onions
   2 T Black Pepper
   1/2 cup Sriracha Hot Sauce
   2 T Mayo
   1 tsp Lime Juice

Cooking Directions

Cut onions into 1 inch thick rings and pop the internal rings out until you have a nice sturdy onion ring.
   Brush onion with hot sauce.
   Wrap each onion ring with bacon and secure with a skewer or toothpick.
   Heavily cover the onion rings with pepper and smoke, grill or bake for about 90 minutes at 250-350 degrees.
   To make the spicy sriracha mayo, combine 2 T of mayo, 1 T of sriracha sauce, and 1 tsp of lime juice. Mix well.

Check out these beautys Oring4

Check out these beautys Oring11

2Check out these beautys Empty Re: Check out these beautys Tue Apr 29, 2014 2:33 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Goodness - that looks tasty, but probably more of a 'last meal' sort of appetizer.....lol

3Check out these beautys Empty Re: Check out these beautys Sat May 31, 2014 5:47 am

Bugster2

Bugster2

It wouldn't be a first meal for me. That Sriracha sauce would put me in the grave. Sure looks good and I am sure tastes even better than it looks. There has been a big fuss about the sauce factory out here. Fumes making people ill etc. The city filed a complaint against the company and wanted them to move. Texas got wind of the trouble and started actively courting the company. The complaint was withdrawn by the city. Idiots! California is driving out all business to other states and countries. Pretty soon all that is going to be left are the immigrants and the filthy rich. The rest are going to have to move to where the jobs are. We are now a state where the immigrants are the majority. We have just lost Toyota to Texas. Sony Pictures is moving to Canada. A large drag racing enterprise has moved to Indiana. A friend of mine is moving out here from Greenwich, CT. She lives in a 6 million, 10,000 sq/ft house. She has just found out that she isn't going to get much for her money out here. My sister lives in a 5000 sq/ft home in Atherton. A real estate agent just told her she can rent out her home for $25,000/mo. She and her husband are going to do just that when they retire. They are already rich but $25,000/mo would be a nice retirement. They will move to somewhere warmer and cheaper. Wish I was in that position. Looks like it is going to be pretty bad for my DH and me.

4Check out these beautys Empty Re: Check out these beautys Sat May 31, 2014 7:54 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

Well, I can say we're happy with our move for retirement. The houses cost more than they do where we came from, but the amenities make up for it. We have a much better chance of living an active lifestyle here than we would if we had stayed in our country home in Ohio....there we were more or less isolated and had to drive someplace to do things like walk or swim or stuff like that. Here, everything is close by and we can be as active as we choose.

5Check out these beautys Empty Re: Check out these beautys Sat May 31, 2014 7:59 am

Barbara101

Barbara101

I made them. They are good too.I got some of that just to make them. To me it is hot sauce,nothing special.I did not use that much either.I was more concerned with the bacon..The salt..The fat..

My ex BIL was a paint & body man at Porsche. I was at their house & saw his pay stub laying on the kitchen counter.. Check out these beautys 652761166 Yet they lived like white trash.Both of them smoked weed.Drunks to boot.Once a year he got to drive one for a week.
I have nothing to do with either of them.They are the people I avoid.

My DS got some money when his Aunt died. Multi millionaire too.When I saw what he bought for 900k I almost fell out.Pepto B pink,in the ghetto. Check out these beautys 652761166 Check out these beautys 411572088 But he made it into a very nice house ,took lots of money & a few years.
I never thought he would move from there.But he did just few month a ago.He got another whole bunch of money from when his dad died.This house is HUGE on the Delaware shore.Beautiful.He did not tell tell what he paid for it only that is was dirt cheap compared to CA.It has a big pond & a very large private lot.Nice.I have pics of it.

He just turned 40 & said his new life is the best to come..getting new start is good..

6Check out these beautys Empty Re: Check out these beautys Sat May 31, 2014 11:30 am

Bugster2

Bugster2

bethk wrote:Well, I can say we're happy with our move for retirement.  The houses cost more than they do where we came from, but the amenities make up for it.  We have a much better chance of living an active lifestyle here than we would if we had stayed in our country home in Ohio....there we were more or less isolated and had to drive someplace to do things like walk or swim or stuff like that.  Here, everything is close by and we can be as active as we choose.

We have a place, a city actually out here called Laguna Woods. It is an enormous retirement community with every amenity including stables. A while back several people were selling their studio apartments for $1.00. Yes, one dollar. No one bought them. You know why? Because the HOA's are $1800.00/month. I can't wait to collect social security. I get a whopping $400.00/month. That doesn't even buy groceries, never mind a room or Medicare. I figure the day my DH retires, and if I am still alive, is the day I die. I am not physically strong enough to live on the streets.

7Check out these beautys Empty Re: Check out these beautys Sat May 31, 2014 12:30 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Our 'amenity fee' is $149.74/month ~ and every homeowner pays it. It makes no difference if you are in a $2M home or a $90k home. That covers our recreation centers, town centers, parks, lakes, pools, holiday parades, golf cart paths, boce courts, tennis/pickleball/handball/etc. courts, free nightly entertainment in all 3 town squares, and all the other things I'm not even thinking about. With approximately 50,000 homes, well, you do the math. (it's a chunk of change to support a lot of things)

When you get ready to apply for SS, take the time to make an appointment with your local SS office. My SIL thought she would only get a little over $300/mo. because she did not have a long work history. I told her to ask the question, 'can I get more if you use my husband's work record for calculation?' It surprised the heck out of her when she found out she did qualify for a larger amount. But you have to ask them about it. No one volunteers the information to you.

8Check out these beautys Empty Re: Check out these beautys Sat May 31, 2014 1:05 pm

NormM

NormM

When I was on the market for a new house, one of the things I considered was whether or not there was a HOA. Not having one was a plus. In some cases having one was a deal breaker. This community does not have one, thankfully.

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

9Check out these beautys Empty Re: Check out these beautys Sat May 31, 2014 1:41 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

NormM wrote:When I was on the market for a new house, one of the things I considered was whether or not there was a HOA.  Not having one was a plus. In some cases having one was a deal breaker.  This community does not have one, thankfully.

Never ever again for me either. Was thrilled to move away from that.I got fined for having my garage door open. I got fined for leaving my trash can out to long.I could not plant the shrubs I wanted or a tree. I painted the front door ON my owned house yellow.They came & said I had to repaint it or get a fine.No street parking.Or you get a fine.I had to get permission to have a garage sale.Or I would be fined.Use of pool yes. No guests.Neighbor got a huge fine when her alarm went off in the middle of the night  Check out these beautys 2855670339 

HOA  Check out these beautys 1430007125 No way lol.

I know you love that place Beth. I took my Mother there & man that place is to big.To many people ..It just was not what we where looking for.

10Check out these beautys Empty Re: Check out these beautys Sat May 31, 2014 9:50 pm

NormM

NormM

I would have considered painting my garage door with the back end of two cars so it would look open when it was closed and then insist they show me exactly where in the HOA rules that it was not allowed.

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum