Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

up most of the night

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1up most of the night Empty up most of the night Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:05 am

Barbara101

Barbara101

I have not watched nighttime tv for years,the talk shows I mean. I have never even seen Jimmy Kimmel.

it all started when this gigantic Bug from hell dropped on my arm. dang I nearly fainted. affraidaffraid

I was so upset that I could not even think of going to sleep.

THEN, I see a dead roach in my bathroom.Ok it is dead.

and it gets worse.....I decided to read, another one fell on me affraid. I am again horrified.I see another one moving around the dresser that one is Dead dead now. man they are hard to kill. THEN another one comes creeping out from under the dresser.Ok by this time I am totally freaking out...

I didn't sleep thats for sure. Ms Cat was worthless seems she could care less if bugs are in the house.

SOOOO this morning I will be calling landlord to get the bug guy over here asap.

I look to see if Darling Maggie has pooped in the foyer. 4..4..DEAD ones in the foyer.

WTH is going on??????  I mean to tell you these things are 2 ' big.

affraidShockedShocked

2up most of the night Empty Re: up most of the night Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:09 am

Barbara101

Barbara101

oh the best thing of the night was I laughed so hard at the jokes about Paula Deen. I may tune in tonight for more laugh's.

I can only hope I don't have to sleep with one open to watch for things. I am not going to take a nap even tho I might need too.

3up most of the night Empty Re: up most of the night Tue Jun 25, 2013 5:53 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

BUGS!!!  Arrrrrgggghhhh!

You must be exhausted.

I was awake at 3:30 am for no obvious reason.  Then I pained most go the day - gotta get GS room finished before the floor is installed later in the week.  I HATE to paint.  Oh, and I now have a "painting shirt".  I'll let you guess why....

4up most of the night Empty Re: up most of the night Thu Jun 27, 2013 2:59 pm

Crybaby

Crybaby

Barbara,

Yours truly is PETRIFIED of cockroaches.  Many people wonder how I can live in Louisiana, as we're home to some god awful ones -- including ones that fly!

Buy some Bengal Roach Spray -- it's a residual spray which comes with a plastic straw attached to the can.  This way you can shoot it from a distance at a live roach, as I'm too scared to get close to them.  Spray both sides of each door leading into and out of your house, including the steps to the doors if you have them.  At least this way, when they do come inside, which they often do, they will die pronto.  (Brian says that I drown them with the stuff.)  It's not cheap but the can lasts a long time and IT WORKS.  

And be careful when you open the doors at night, as sometimes they're on the outside of the door and fall in when you open it.  In fact, I spray the outside of all the doors occasionally, too, so they won't crawl on the door.  

We lived for years in a gorgeous apartment in Uptown N.O. that was one of four in a renovated old house.  Our apartment was the only one on the ground floor that faced the deck and the inground pool.  One night I came home alone (Brian was working) and there were four roaches the size of freaking Argentina just sitting on the front door of the apartment so I wouldn't go in, as I worried they would not only get into the house but might fly and get on me.  I sat in the backyard until Brian came home hours later!!!  

When I see one live in the house (rare but always moving slow like they're already sick from the spray), Brian says I scream like Charles Manson has got me by the ankle!  I can also sense when there's one nearby -- no lie.  They are some nasty creatures for sure.

When they're big and black, they've come in from the outside so you know they didn't grow up in your house (my skin is crawling just talking about the nasty things)!

5up most of the night Empty Re: up most of the night Thu Jun 27, 2013 4:57 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

The Palmeto bugs (aka...roaches) was one of the reasons I was bound and determined NOT to move back to Florida after living there for a year in 1972-73. But after visiting my friends house and never seeing a live roach I decided it might be possible to keep them at bay. All the homes are close to one another and EVERYONE has their property sprayed. Heck, I rarely see ANY bug of any kind.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum