Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

My lucky day

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1My lucky day Empty My lucky day Sat Sep 17, 2022 12:22 pm

JanaAZ

Yesterday was an incredible day. I posted on FB that our Costco was out of ALL flour. One of my friends started asking lots of questions about what I use for baking but when she asked if I use salted or unsalted butter…I knew she was up to something.

So here’s the backstory….my friend is a foster mom and adopts lots of these kids. Right now she has 16 people living in her house….3 adults and 13 kids.  Yup…13

I often make goodies and send it over to them. Better their hips than mine

Anyway when I got back home she texted me a photo of what she bought me….about 40 lbs of flour, 10 bags Ghirardelli semi sweet and 5 bags of dark chocolate….

I called her and said “you can’t do this” and she said “I already did”.

So Thru my shock and tears, I decided to make her family dinner as my way to thank her. So….chicken parm it was. 21 pieces of chicken, pasta, homemade bread and brownies. I don’t know how she does it. I felt like I was cooking for a party. But it made my heart feel good and of course her family gets a lot of cookies anyway so I think somehow she’ll get a lot of this stuff back, just in a different form lol.

Oh yes, I didn’t answer her about the butter…I don’t want her to spend one more penny on me.

Here’s one of my filled flour tubs and the pan of chicken parm I sent them.  She also sent me a photo of her youngest foster child eating the chicken. They’re going to adopt him In November
My lucky day Bb50e310
My lucky day 9af86910

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum