Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Mexican Street Corn off the Cob

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Mexican Street Corn off the Cob Empty Mexican Street Corn off the Cob Thu Mar 12, 2020 3:53 pm

Crybaby

Crybaby

I haven't tried this but it sounded really good to me, especially when some good fresh corn on the cob is available.

Mexican Street Corn off the Cob
Serves 4. Recipe by Julie Wampler, tablefortwoblog.com

1 Tablespoon unsalted butter
4 ears of corn, shucked & kernels removed (about 3-4 cups depending on
how large your corn is)
2 Tablespoons mayonnaise
3 oz. cotija cheese [or feta], freshly grated or crumbled
1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
1 green onion stalk, finely chopped
Handful of freshly of chopped parsley
Salt and pepper, to taste

1. In a cast iron skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat then add the corn kernels. Spread in an even layer and cook for 10-15 minutes, or until exterior is charred/browned, stirring frequently. Be careful of the popping action of the heated kernels!
2. Once charred/browned, place into a large bowl then mix in mayo, cotija or feta, paprika, green onion, parsley, salt and pepper. Mix to combine then divide evenly and serve!

2Mexican Street Corn off the Cob Empty Re: Mexican Street Corn off the Cob Mon Mar 16, 2020 6:44 pm

JanaAZ

I’ve done something similar mits delicious

3Mexican Street Corn off the Cob Empty Re: Mexican Street Corn off the Cob Mon Mar 23, 2020 3:24 pm

Crybaby

Crybaby

JanaAZ wrote:I’ve done something similar mits delicious

I've never had cojita cheese except in Mexico years ago. I did see some of it in the supermarket several months ago. I would've picked some up but they had very large pieces, too big for us to try. I'm determined to try this recipe when I see fresh corn in the market even though Brian doesn't eat corn. I could eat it all myself!

It's nice of you, Judy, as whenever I post a recipe, I can usually count on you to acknowledge it and/or comment on it. Thanks for always doing that! I'm posting one today for banana bread that was really good. Check out breads....

4Mexican Street Corn off the Cob Empty Re: Mexican Street Corn off the Cob Sun Jun 28, 2020 1:24 pm

JanaAZ

I was I. Trader moves the other day and saw they have a seasoning called elote. It would be very good added to this recipe. When I try it, I’ll let you know

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum