Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Korean-style Sloppy Joes with Kimchi Slaw

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Crybaby

Crybaby

I haven't tried this recipe yet but it sounded good to me, and I have a jar of decent kimchi in the pantry. Hope to try this soon...

Korean-style Sloppy Joes with Kimchi Slaw
Serves 4. Recipe from Cook’s Country.

1 cup kimchi, chopped (OR 1 cup coleslaw mix plus 1 Tablespoon Sriracha]
1/4 cup mayonnaise
3/4 teaspoon pepper, divided
1/2 cup ketchup
3 Tablespoons soy sauce
2 Tablespoons toasted sesame oil
1 Tablespoon packed brown sugar
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 lb. ground beef (85% called for)
4 hamburger buns [if you like cheese, 4 slices Swiss or Provolone]

1. Combine kimchi, mayonnaise and 1/4 teaspoon pepper in bowl; set aside. In second bowl, whisk ketchup, soy sauce, oil, sugar and garlic until smooth. [My note: Instead of the items in the second bowl, you could simply use a scant cup of Korean BBQ Sauce instead.]
2. Cook beef and remaining 1/2 teaspoon pepper in 12-inch non-stick skillet over medium heat until beef is no longer pink and begins to brown, 8 to 10 minutes. Stir in ketchup mixture [or Korean BBQ Sauce] and cook until sauce thickens slightly, about 1 minute.
3. Divide beef mixture and kimchi mixture among bun bottoms. Cover with bun tops and serve. [If using cheese, top hot beef mixture with a slice of cheese which you then top with the kimchi mixture.]

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum