Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Turkey stuffing

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Turkey stuffing Empty Turkey stuffing Sun Sep 30, 2018 10:51 am

Niagara Visitor

Canadian Thanksgiving is next weekend.  I am making a turkey which is relatively new to me.  Turkey has not been a big part of my family's dinners, I think I have done maybe 5 or 6 in my life. 

I'm looking for both a stuffing/dressing, and possibly a rub to use.......... Thanks.

2Turkey stuffing Empty Re: Turkey stuffing Sun Sep 30, 2018 11:52 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

I'm more of a "simple is better " person when it comes to turkey. Usually just season well with s&p inside and out, maybe a few onion chunks, thyme sprigs, celery and lemon halves in the cavity.....roast hot to start, lightly cover with a piece of foil and low oven until done. I always let the cooked turkey sit for at least 30 - 45 minutes to let the juices settle for a moist meat.

My dressing is never put in the bird - Pepperidge Farms herbed cube bread, lots of sautéed onion & celery, turkey stock made from the neck and giblets, with some boxed chicken stock to get enough.....melted butter - and a couple eggs to hold it all together. Baked in casserole dish until browned and crispy on top.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum