Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Black raspberries, what to make with them?

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Niagara Visitor

My son and DIL have wild black raspberries all along their backyard fence.  Son just brought me about 10 cups of the little yummy treats.  I need ideas as to what to do with them besides making jam.

bethk

bethk
Admin

You could do a cobbler.....same as with peaches or apples. Good stuff.

Crybaby

Crybaby

You can use some to make blackberry pancakes, too. After you put your pancake batter on the griddle or in your pan, just sprinkle some of them on top! Mmm!

You can use a couple of cups to make some blackberry syrup for your pancakes, too! It will keep for a couple of weeks in the fridge.

Blackberry crisp and blackberry muffins are good, too.

I used to go blackberry picking when I was a kid when I stayed at my Uncle's house in Laplace, Louisiana. It was fun as they were wild bushes and I could eat as many as I picked with no one fussing! The drag was wearing jeans and a long-sleeved shirt in our heat while picking the darn things. Lordy, I love 'em and am pea green with envy, Lore!

Niagara Visitor

THey are black raspberries, not blackberries.  But you can do the same with any of them.  I had neighbours over for dinner last night, bought some mango ice cream and had berries on top.  I've put the rest in the freezer for now, will take them out another time.  Will make some black raspberry ice cream with some also.  YUMM!

NormM

NormM

You could do a crisp.

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

Crybaby

Crybaby

Niagara Visitor wrote:THey are black raspberries, not blackberries.  But you can do the same with any of them.  I had neighbours over for dinner last night, bought some mango ice cream and had berries on top.  I've put the rest in the freezer for now, will take them out another time.  Will make some black raspberry ice cream with some also.  YUMM!

Even better!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum