Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

"Best Thing I Ever Ate" on Food Channel

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1"Best Thing I Ever Ate" on Food Channel Empty "Best Thing I Ever Ate" on Food Channel Wed May 30, 2018 2:35 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Since they added another food channel to our Comcast lineup I've been catching the program, "Best Thing I Ever Ate" ~ all repeats but fun to watch when you don't feel like doing anything else.

Recently caught a snippet of a New Orleans muffaletta sandwich that sounded really good to me.  They used provolone cheese and HEATED the sandwich halves so the cheese melted and some of the salami got browned.  The bread also got a nice crisp on the top and bottom when they put the two sides together.  I love the idea of the olive salad they pile on ~ nice and salty!

Crybaby

Crybaby

bethk wrote:Since they added another food channel to our Comcast lineup I've been catching the program, "Best Thing I Ever Ate" ~ all repeats but fun to watch when you don't feel like doing anything else.

Recently caught a snippet of a New Orleans muffaletta sandwich that sounded really good to me.  They used provolone cheese and HEATED the sandwich halves so the cheese melted and some of the salami got browned.  The bread also got a nice crisp on the top and bottom when they put the two sides together.  I love the idea of the olive salad they pile on ~ nice and salty!

Muffalettas are absolutely DELICIOUS, Beth. But I'm a purist and don't care for them heated. Next time you come to N.O. you're going to have to have one, except you MUST get it at the place that originated them: Central Grocery in the Quarter. They are truly divine. Jimmy had one when he visited N.O. too! They're huge so you and Dane could buy one to split, and then walk up to the Moonwalk on the Mississippi, sit on a bench and eat your sandwich while watching the ships and steamboats pass by -- a great way to have a great lunch in N.O.!

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum