Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Oxo Good Grips Pastry Brush

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Oxo Good Grips Pastry Brush Empty Oxo Good Grips Pastry Brush Wed May 02, 2018 3:06 pm

Crybaby

Crybaby

I have a lot of pastry brushes that "shed" bristles regularly and have seen their last days though I keep using them.  A while back I wanted a new one and decided on an Oxo synthetic brush to see if it lasted better than the other ones I have.  I had it in a kitchen drawer and used it recently when basting my beef ribs with Korean BBQ Sauce.

You would be AMAZED at what a difference this silicone pastry brush made of my basting and how much I liked it.  It has little "circles" within the bristles which is supposed to make the brush hold more liquid -- and it did!  Made quick work of my basting with just the right amount of sauce, too. It has an angled head, too, so if you lay it down on the counter, the bristles are kept up off the counter -- another plus.  You can use it say to brush olive oil on even a cast iron pan and it won't scorch, as it's heat resistant to 600F!  The card it came on says the bristles won't clump or frizz too, which is the problem I'm having with many of my old ones. And it's easy to clean, odor resistant and can go in the dishwasher -- a tool after my own heart as I tend to throw anything in the dishwasher!  

Here's a link and it's the best 8 bucks I ever spent -- I got the small one and there's another bigger one for $10.  I thought I'd share it with you guys as that's how much I love it!

https://smile.amazon.com/OXO-Grips-Silicone-Basting-Pastry/dp/B000JPSI8C/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1525284185&sr=8-1&keywords=oxo+good+grips+pastry+brush&dpID=31eApzHvOdL&preST=_SY300_QL70_&dpSrc=srch

2Oxo Good Grips Pastry Brush Empty Re: Oxo Good Grips Pastry Brush Wed May 02, 2018 7:05 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Hahahahaha.....that's the one I have!

And, yes, it's wonderful. I love that it actually gets CLEAN in the dishwasher and doesn't come out with soggy bristles and still stuff attached like the old basting brushes did.

3Oxo Good Grips Pastry Brush Empty Re: Oxo Good Grips Pastry Brush Wed May 02, 2018 10:39 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Haaaaa.... Same exact one here too!..... Love it.

4Oxo Good Grips Pastry Brush Empty Re: Oxo Good Grips Pastry Brush Thu May 03, 2018 12:11 pm

Crybaby

Crybaby

That's funny you two have one like that!  

Now why the heck didn't you tell the rest of us about it?!   Razz  Razz
Just kidding. It's really nice to know you guys like it as much as I do.  

I wasn't surprised, as I don't think I've ever purchased anything made by Oxo that I didn't like and didn't consider worth what I paid for it.

5Oxo Good Grips Pastry Brush Empty Re: Oxo Good Grips Pastry Brush Thu May 03, 2018 12:18 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

If my kitchen drawers weren't so incredibly messy I'd take pics so you could see what I have.....

Hahahahahahaha

(I'm just picturing myself pulling open drawers & cabinets to take pics.....how embarrassed could I be???)

6Oxo Good Grips Pastry Brush Empty Re: Oxo Good Grips Pastry Brush Thu May 03, 2018 1:10 pm

JanaAZ

I have that one too. I like it for some things, but I dont think it does a wonderful job with an egg wash. For me, the egg clumps Do any of you have that problem

7Oxo Good Grips Pastry Brush Empty Re: Oxo Good Grips Pastry Brush Thu May 03, 2018 2:02 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:If my kitchen drawers weren't so incredibly messy I'd take pics so you could see what I have.....

Hahahahahahaha

(I'm just picturing myself pulling open drawers & cabinets to take pics.....how embarrassed could I be???)

We have one big drawer, so filled, it rolls open and closed grinding and ready to break the glide rails. Tina suggested we ween out some of the stuff. I can't wait. It's a jungle in that there drawer.....

Oxo Good Grips Pastry Brush Img_0839

Oxo Good Grips Pastry Brush Img_0840

Just throw it in here, and slam the drawer shut...Jimmy will fix it! Oxo Good Grips Pastry Brush 1838020472

8Oxo Good Grips Pastry Brush Empty Re: Oxo Good Grips Pastry Brush Thu May 03, 2018 2:11 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

SO MUCH GOOD STUFF !!!

Hahahahahahaha!

9Oxo Good Grips Pastry Brush Empty Re: Oxo Good Grips Pastry Brush Thu May 03, 2018 5:20 pm

Crybaby

Crybaby

I really laughed, Jimmy, at your pictures as I have two of those drawers -- and I'm not talking about the silverware drawer either. Also laughed as I saw a lot of things that I also have in MY drawers, too!  

Hey, but when you need one of those gizmos, it's worth its weight in gold! Very Happy

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum