Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Paid 12 dollars on ebay for this!

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Paid 12 dollars on ebay for this! Empty Paid 12 dollars on ebay for this! Sat Nov 25, 2017 11:29 am

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

I had to have this flat cheese / food manual grater. I have one just like it, but it is getting dull.
They are hard to come by now.... Manufactured by ECKO China stainless steel.
I hate the box grater, and don't like the food processor. Too hard to clean.
With my flat 3.5" x 6" large grate blade, I can grate mozzarella or any cheese quicker and with more precision.

A box grater is a bear trying to wash and scraping the knuckles inside. What a Face

Paid 12 dollars on ebay for this! Img_0714

2Paid 12 dollars on ebay for this! Empty Re: Paid 12 dollars on ebay for this! Sat Nov 25, 2017 11:37 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

12 Bucks, huh?

My friend, Lyn, had one in her "Going-to-Goodwill" box. I got it for free.

Hahahahahahaha!

But, YES, I agree it's wonderful to use, although I still use my little box grater for some stuff. I use this one to grate frozen butter on to the flour when I'm making biscuits or pie crust. Grated butter 'fluffed' in flour is so much easier than cutting in with a pastry blender.

3Paid 12 dollars on ebay for this! Empty Re: Paid 12 dollars on ebay for this! Sat Nov 25, 2017 2:30 pm

Crybaby

Crybaby

bethk wrote:12 Bucks, huh?

My friend, Lyn, had one in her "Going-to-Goodwill" box.  I got it for free.

Hahahahahahaha!

But, YES, I agree it's wonderful to use, although I still use my little box grater for some stuff.  I use this one to grate frozen butter on to the flour when I'm making biscuits or pie crust.  Grated butter 'fluffed' in flour is so much easier than cutting in with a pastry blender.

Yes, Beth, you told me to do that. It WAS a heck of a lot easier on the hands then using a pastry blender -- especially since I got Brian to do the grating! He used the box grater. We have one of this type, too, but just out of habit, we both tend to use the box grater.

It's not hard to clean, Jimmy -- neither is the food processor. You just put it in the dishwasher! I swear, if my CAR could fit in the dishwasher, I'd put it in as I put everything that will fit in there except knives and anything that has a blade or a sharp edge to it.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum