Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

November, 2017...What's for dinner???

+4
bethk
NormM
Niagara Visitor
UNCLE JIMMY
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Go down  Message [Page 9 of 9]

201November, 2017...What's for dinner??? - Page 9 Empty Re: November, 2017...What's for dinner??? Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:01 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Supper was Taco Bell. I had 4 soft shell taco's with the works.

Tina had a pizza that they make.

We went to see the gastro Dr. follow up for Tina. He just explained the stomach was restrictive at a spot that so closed up, the scope which is smaller in diameter than a pencil, could not even fit through the obstruction. So far, so good. He said eat soft meats well chewed, and with fluids to wash it through!

202November, 2017...What's for dinner??? - Page 9 Empty Re: November, 2017...What's for dinner??? Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:42 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

I won't drink the stuff either Jimmy but Katie likes it with some liquor mixed in. The smell of raw egg makes me gag too.

203November, 2017...What's for dinner??? - Page 9 Empty Re: November, 2017...What's for dinner??? Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:46 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

Norm's chicken wings got my mouth watering for the same.....

So supper last night was grilled chicken wings with the Korean BBQ sauce applied and then caramalized on the hot grill. They always look 'burned' but are actually just seared enough to keep them from being too sticky to hold. I made some boiled green beans and a baked sweet potato to go along side.

November, 2017...What's for dinner??? - Page 9 Korean10

204November, 2017...What's for dinner??? - Page 9 Empty Re: November, 2017...What's for dinner??? Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:16 am

Bugster2

Bugster2

Those wings are beautiful. Crispy crunchy skin. Maybe next week I will have some poultry. I am so sick of turkey that I don't want anything feathered for at least a week.
Tonight will be carne asada with rice, refried beans and pico de gallo.

205November, 2017...What's for dinner??? - Page 9 Empty Re: November, 2017...What's for dinner??? Wed Nov 29, 2017 7:15 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Thanks, Bugs. The crispy, crunchy 'wing tips' are my favorite part!

Woo Hoo! No cooking for a few days here. Tonight is going to be leftovers. I'm having the last of the Jambalaya over rice, Dane's having some smoked fish dip with crackers. He went to his sister's to help do some work on her plumbing in prep for the delivery of a new washer this week and they went out to lunch at (my FAVORITE), Musselwhite's. He said he had a huge blackened mahi mahi sandwich, one they do especially well. So, he's not really all that hungry for a meal.

Tomorrow we'll be going out with his golf group for a late (2:30 p.m.) lunch. That'll be the meal for the day. And on Friday my Ladies' group will be going to see 'Murder on the Orient Express' and then out for a late lunch so I won't be cooking a meal that night, either. There are still other leftovers that need to be finished up on, including some pork that could be turned into pork sliders and also chicken wings from last night. Throw in a small salad and a meal is done.

206November, 2017...What's for dinner??? - Page 9 Empty Re: November, 2017...What's for dinner??? Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:12 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

All right..... After telling Tina mommy about the Boston Market chicken pot pies, she picked up two. We had one to taste and review the meal.
Tina said....too much chicken for her. Loved the gravy, and the carrots were well cooked.
The crust was delicious.  I would have prefered more corn and green beans instead of peas.
I got it all figured out for the next one.  I will cook more mixed vegetables, and lift the crust when the pot pie is baked and done; and add the extra veggies.

Tina was wishing for my homemade gnocchi, so With the mashed potatoes left over from t-gving,
I added eggs, cheese, and flour, and cut and rolled them.
They came out so soft and light. I made a little sauce from diced tomatoes. Minced garlic; salt,
and pepper, a dash of oregano, and olive oil, then cooked only 15 minutes.

I made egg salad, and Tina made tuna salad; to take to her uncle Elmers tomorrow.
She is going down to wash his throw rugs, and the table cloth.
His washer is so old, it only has 2 wash water levels. LOW and HIGH. He is afraid to use the high water level, because he fears it will overflow on the floor.

He is living back in the 60's. The old push button phone, is in the kitchen on the wall, with the 25 foot long coiled cord.

207November, 2017...What's for dinner??? - Page 9 Empty Re: November, 2017...What's for dinner??? Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:13 am

NormM

NormM

I'd be all over any chicken pot pie that didn't say "all white meat" I'd even love to see one that said "no white meat"

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

208November, 2017...What's for dinner??? - Page 9 Empty Re: November, 2017...What's for dinner??? Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:19 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

I wanted something B EE F to chew....So the closest, is a pot of beef soup with vegetables. I cut the beef chuck for stewing, into little baby pieces.

Once it gets reduced, it will be about 2 quarts.

Tina stopped at the Italian bakery this morning to get a loaf of Italian bread to eat with the soup.
I am also going to boil the rest of the potato gnocchi to have with the soup.

209November, 2017...What's for dinner??? - Page 9 Empty Re: November, 2017...What's for dinner??? Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:32 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

Perfect comfort food.
By-the-way, how is Tina's digestion? Did the surgery do the trick?

210November, 2017...What's for dinner??? - Page 9 Empty Re: November, 2017...What's for dinner??? Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:11 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Bugster2 wrote:Perfect comfort food.
By-the-way, how is Tina's digestion? Did the surgery do the trick?

Surgery did what can be done to help her. A couple tissue removal, and a balloon to open the blockage; which was smaller than the scope instrument. Dr said, see how you do, and give a call if it blocks up again. So far so good. He told her to eat small pieces, and rinse with liquids.

211November, 2017...What's for dinner??? - Page 9 Empty Re: November, 2017...What's for dinner??? Fri Dec 01, 2017 3:35 am

Imelda HL

Imelda HL

I finally got to cook my turkey thighs, I seasoned with salt and black pepper then browned the both sides, the skin was crispy, then I baked them 45 minutes in my small oven.. I also cooked some garlic shallots lemon sauce, with a bit of soy sauce and brown sugar, I poured my sauce on the baked thighs and broiled them for 5 minutes.. Dirk finished the whole thigh, I only could finish half of it

It was a Thanksgiving dinner meal all over again for Dirk
November, 2017...What's for dinner??? - Page 9 Dscn8312

November, 2017...What's for dinner??? - Page 9 Dscn8311

I preferred eating it with rice

November, 2017...What's for dinner??? - Page 9 Dscn8310

212November, 2017...What's for dinner??? - Page 9 Empty Re: November, 2017...What's for dinner??? Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:33 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

Jimmy, I hope your beef soup was just what your mouth was hungry for! It's funny how sometimes we suddenly get a hunger for a certain food and we won't stop until we get it. That happens to me when I see pics of foods and think, Gee, that's just what I WANT! And nothing can fill that 'hunger' until you get it.

Imelda, your thighs look amazing. Actually, it looks BETTER than Thanksgiving ~ single serving Thanksgiving, that's what you had! Your sauce/glaze sound really good, just like something you could spoon over chicken or pork and have a smile on your face. I just knew you'd come up with a wonderful idea!

213November, 2017...What's for dinner??? - Page 9 Empty Re: November, 2017...What's for dinner??? Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:32 am

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:Jimmy, I hope your beef soup was just what your mouth was hungry for!  It's funny how sometimes we suddenly get a hunger for a certain food and we won't stop until we get it.  That happens to me when I see pics of foods and think, Gee, that's just what I WANT!  And nothing can fill that 'hunger' until you get it.

Imelda, your thighs look amazing.  Actually, it looks BETTER than Thanksgiving ~ single serving Thanksgiving, that's what you had!  Your sauce/glaze sound really good, just like something you could spoon over chicken or pork and have a smile on your face.  I just knew you'd come up with a wonderful idea!

Amazingly, the beef soup came out delicious/.
I ate 3 bowls with fresh buttered Italian sesame seeded bread.
OK...so I would say, ummm a quart of soup. What's that?.../ Mostly water, right?

214November, 2017...What's for dinner??? - Page 9 Empty Re: November, 2017...What's for dinner??? Fri Dec 01, 2017 6:37 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Soup is always good for what ails you, Jimmy ~ it's the seeds on the bread that will kill ya! LOL

215November, 2017...What's for dinner??? - Page 9 Empty Re: November, 2017...What's for dinner??? Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:06 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:Soup is always good for what ails you, Jimmy ~ it's the seeds on the bread that will kill ya!  LOL

Yeh! I could believe that... Just like a bloody Mary. It's not the tomato juice, but rather the feel happy Joy juice that makes it bad. LOL

216November, 2017...What's for dinner??? - Page 9 Empty Re: November, 2017...What's for dinner??? Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:16 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Supper was a finish of the beef soup. and a roast beef sandwich.

217November, 2017...What's for dinner??? - Page 9 Empty Re: November, 2017...What's for dinner??? Sat Dec 02, 2017 2:06 am

Niagara Visitor

Busy with family things lately, and I haven't had time to check in here much................ My sister is very talented in all kinds of crafty things, and is having a sale of her crocheted items and jewelry tomorrow in the exclusive retirement residence where she works part time. This place has suites that are $10,000/month, so hopefully they will love her stuff! Cross your fingers for me.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 9 of 9]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum