Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Paper Towels and Toilet Paper Direction ???

5 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes .... This one just got my goat.
Tina's uncle came up the other day, and said to Tina,"Your Paper Towels are on wrong!" ... ? ? ? ? Tina was like ? Why?

He said, "the loose towel is hanging from the front toward you, and it should be out the rear and hang at the back of the roller!"
"Your Toilet Paper in the bathroom is wrong too!" he said!

Tina asked what was the reasoning. He said,"That way, people won't tear off too many sheets!"
DUH! HELLOOooooooo!!!!!!!..... I could never figure that out.

One thing I can say, is when I tear off paper towels, I always leave a little to easily grab for the next tear off / person ... Suspect

Our paper towels are on a roller mounted under the cabinet adjacent to the sink for easy grab quickly.

So....if this post lives, are you a front or rear paper roller person? / and reason?

NormM

NormM

I prefer hanging over the front for both. I can find the end faster and can pull off as much as I want easily. On another note. look how much toilet paper has changed in the past few years.Paper Towels and Toilet Paper Direction ??? Dscn3811
Paper Towels and Toilet Paper Direction ??? Dscn3810

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Yeah! I remember years ago, the toilet paper with the wood chips in the paper. Had to be careful!
How about the little brown folded sheets in the public bathrooms.

bethk

bethk
Admin

My paper towels use to hang with the loose sheet hanging over the top for the same reason you mention, Jimmy ~ easy to get quickly. My roller was mounted on the inside of the door under the sink. Today my paper towels are on an upright holder and sit on the countertop next to my sink. I'm not crazy about it sitting there but that's where it is.

And, yes, TP is put on the roller to roll over the top so it's not stuck to the side of the cabinet where it's not easy to grab. In Ohio I didn't have any place to mount a TP holder so the rolls were kept in a basket on the floor next to the toilet.

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:My paper towels use to hang with the loose sheet hanging over the top for the same reason you mention, Jimmy ~ easy to get quickly.  My roller was mounted on the inside of the door under the sink.  Today my paper towels are on an upright holder and sit on the countertop next to my sink.  I'm not crazy about it sitting there but that's where it is.

And, yes, TP is put on the roller to roll over the top so it's not stuck to the side of the cabinet where it's not easy to grab.  In Ohio I didn't have any place to mount a TP holder so the rolls were kept in a basket on the floor next to the toilet.  

We have a tower in the bathroom, to keep the spare rolls of TP.
It is so cute. It holds 4 rolls, and there is a shelf at the top to add a facial tissue box. Believe me, there is no need for that, and spending
extra $ for face tissue. Tina said, use the TP tissue and be happy ya got that to use.
The tower has pictures of the 4 seasons on the front that you change, as the seasons come and go.  I always display the fall or winter one to play a joke on the rest of the family.  santa

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Paper Towels and Toilet Paper Direction ??? 71zSldwHt3L._SL1500_

Sort of like this!

NormM

NormM

There was a brief time when I put the toilet paper over the back because I had a cat that liked to paw at it and make a pile of paper on the floor. We moved shortly after that and the new bathroom toilet paper roll was located in a way that didn't allow the cat to be able to do that

Bugster2

Bugster2

We used to have a cat that would beat the hell out of a roll of TP. What a funny mess. I used to prefer to hang the roll with it against the wall but then I saw a show about a high end hotel where the end of the roll was facing to the front and the end was folded into a point. I figured they know better so I now have it facing front.
I actually prefer paper towels to hang to the back because I always pull with one hand and the roll itself helps the tearing process. My DH prefers the roll to hang from the front. He would move the roll when he found I had it facing to the back. I took the hint and now do it that way all of the time.

NormM

NormM

Paper Towels and Toilet Paper Direction ??? Unknow10

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

NormM wrote:Paper Towels and Toilet Paper Direction ??? Unknow10
That is so funny Norm. Great drawing too!
My wife's brother ( a retired commercial artist ) does a lot of sketches like that.
He made me a pile of "Don't forget" note paper.

Paper Towels and Toilet Paper Direction ??? Img_0520

Bugster2

Bugster2

I can't even draw a straight line.

Crybaby

Crybaby

I can't stand the regular places builders tend affix toilet paper holders to walls in bathrooms, as they're usually in a place where it's difficult and/or awkward to reach when needed. I had one eliminated by the painter and the holes fixed when I got the half-bath downstairs painted. I bought one of those chrome stands with a heavy base that holds the paper and use that now. I find it easier to remove the amount of tissue from a TP roll when I can simply hold it in my hand, though.

I've heard people discussing which way the roll should be put on the holder for years and always laughed, as it makes no difference to us. My sister and another cat person said they always put the end OVER the roll so it wasn't dangling behind the roll and enticing the cats to play with it. And yep, Debbie, just about every hotel I ever stayed in had it hanging over the roll with the end folded into a pretty little point. What do we do? Well, I have no clue as I just put it on there, as does Brian if I'm lucky. I pay no attention to how I do it and may do it differently each time as I honestly don't pay anything attention to it when loading the roll! Just glad to have someone replace the roll when necessary.

We have our paper towel roll standing up like Beth does -- doesn't bother me at all and I didn't want to use the space inside a cabinet or under a cabinet to put it up when we bought this house. I find it kind of nice to be able to move the roll next to where I need it if I have to use it repeatedly.

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Whilst we are on TP Rolls.... Anyone remember the fad in the 60's with the crochet poodle dogs for the spare roll of paper that was placed on top the tank top?

My mom had a different one for even holidays. For Easter, she had a Bunny.

http://product-images.highwire.com/11533151/poodle-tissue-cover-pattern-knit-crochet.jpg

Crybaby

Crybaby

UNCLE JIMMY wrote:Whilst we are on TP Rolls.... Anyone remember the fad in the 60's with the crochet poodle dogs for the spare roll of paper that was placed on top the tank top?

My mom had a different one for even holidays. For Easter, she had a Bunny.

http://product-images.highwire.com/11533151/poodle-tissue-cover-pattern-knit-crochet.jpg

I'd never seen the poodle version, but I do remember ones women used to crochet when I was in grammar school that looked like a hat -- the bottom had a brim around it (like the brim of a top hat. Boy, no offense to your mom, of course, but they sure were unattractive...

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

I remember these too! I hated them.

My brother would turn them to look away, and leave them like that. My mother knew it was him,
and she asked him why in heck did he turn the dolls around? He said,"Ma, I don't want them looking at me while I go to the bathroom!" They are scary!.....

Paper Towels and Toilet Paper Direction ??? Tp_dol10

Bugster2

Bugster2

My aunt used to use the ones that looked like a hat.

bethk

bethk
Admin

I've always thought the TP covers were cute........

(BTW ~ I have some extra yarn in case anyone would like one........)

Hahahahahaha! Just KIDDING! (I don't know how to crochet......)

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Seeing the dolls, How about the fad baking cakes like that; with the doll in the center.

Bugster2

Bugster2

Haven't seen that yet but I saw a cake that looked like a fried egg.

NormM

NormM

Cassie has made some like that in the past. I had to go pretty far back on her web site to find one like everyone else does. They are usually for little girl birthday cakes.Paper Towels and Toilet Paper Direction ??? 99589110
Paper Towels and Toilet Paper Direction ??? 10741810

NormM

NormM

Here are a couple for guys.Paper Towels and Toilet Paper Direction ??? 10269010
Paper Towels and Toilet Paper Direction ??? 15316110

Crybaby

Crybaby

I checked out Cassie's website ages ago, Norm, and I think I got her link from looking at your blog. She really did some amazing cakes. I remember when Charlie helped her make some decorations for one of her cakes -- which one escapes me now (of course) but perhaps it was computer-oriented or a Harry Potter or something. I remember being quite impressed with Charlie's work as well.

I remember seeing that Coors Lite cake on her site and it was and still is amazing. She really had a talent for it, that's for sure.

Whenever I think of Cassie, the very first thing I think of after cakes is how she didn't like celery! No lie. My SIL doesn't use it either; she says it's tasteless. And I can't seem to cook anything without onions, garlic AND celery -- that's my "trinity" instead of the usual onion, garlic and bell pepper. Though I like green peppers, I usually don't like the way they taste in leftovers when they were diced up and cooked with the onions and garlic. It's funny, as I was watching one of John Besh's cooking shows one time and he said he doesn't use green pepper in the famous trinity either -- he said his mom didn't use it so he tends not to use it then either.

Crybaby

Crybaby

Uncle Jimmy wrote:My brother would turn them to look away, and leave them like that. My mother knew it was him, and she asked him why in heck did he turn the dolls around? He said,"Ma, I don't want them looking at me while I go to the bathroom!" They are scary!.....

I laughed at this, Jimmy, as it reminds me of the toilet paper commercials that touch on this with all the little gizmos in the bathroom and also kids' toys left in there. I howl at the one with the plastic figure upside down on the back of the open toilet -- where the narrator, another figure, says he feels sorry for "Captain Jack" (or whatever the other toy is called) 'cause "he sees EVERYTHING!" I swear, I laugh like a little kid every time I see that freaking commercial!

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

We picked up potato and macaroni salad at Piggy's Deli.
It had a hint of onion green leaves chopped too small to distinguish.
The celery, was a approx. 1/2 teaspoon ( yes! in a pint container ) if that, of celery LEAVES!!!

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Crybaby wrote:
Uncle Jimmy wrote:My brother would turn them to look away, and leave them like that. My mother knew it was him, and she asked him why in heck did he turn the dolls around? He said,"Ma, I don't want them looking at me while I go to the bathroom!" They are scary!.....

I laughed at this, Jimmy, as it reminds me of the toilet paper commercials that touch on this with all the little gizmos in the bathroom and also kids' toys left in there.  I howl at the one with the plastic figure upside down on the back of the open toilet -- where the narrator, another figure, says he feels sorry for "Captain Jack" (or whatever the other toy is called) 'cause "he sees EVERYTHING!"  I swear, I laugh like a little kid every time I see that freaking commercial!  

First off! It surely is great to hear from you ( even though it's on a toilet paper post hahahahahaha on a food cooking forum! hahahahahahahaha.......
We have missed you, and were concerned with the rain and flooding in NOLA. There are several posts ( back a couple days on the what's to eat for dinner etc. posts.)

A Statue of the TV character Dr. Dolittle in the oh? I guess early to late 70's. For little Jimmy, we bought him a toy of Dr. Doolittle.
It was a bust, fairly large in plastic. Stood about 14 inches tall.
Weird! ,,,,, Well, little Jimmy was like 7 or 8 , and we placed the statue on his dresser. Every night, he would turn the face toward the wall.
I would sneak in his room, and turn it back so it would now look at him.
'10 minutes later.... yep! .... Jimmy would AGAIN, face it to the wall.
We finally had to give it to my wives nephew!

http://www.icollector.com/Rex-Harrison-Dr-Dolittle-Bust_i14918552#

Last edited by UNCLE JIMMY on Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:44 am; edited 2 times in total

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next