Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Pantry app

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Pantry app  Empty Pantry app Tue Jul 04, 2017 12:51 pm

JanaAZ

I'm always having trouble remembering what I have In My pantry and either forget to buy something or buy multiples of others.  A friend told me about an app called pantry app. It's free and I have to say, I love it.  It lets you scan what is In Your pantry using barcodes. Most items are already In their system, but when it's a "new to the app" item, it lets you take a photo of the item so you can see what you have.

As you know, I do a lot of canning and obviously there aren't barcodes there. I can add new items, take a photo and identify what's in my jars.  It lets you mark when you use something, add use by dates and spoilage info.

I haven't gone thru my freezer yet...but that's next.

I'm also using it to track shampoo, toothpaste, etc.  

I've talked to them about creating bar codes for my canned items and may consider buying some when they put that feature into the app.  

I use it on both my iPhone and iPad and believe it works for android too.

Check it out.

2Pantry app  Empty Re: Pantry app Tue Jul 04, 2017 2:09 pm

Crybaby

Crybaby

Nice to see you around here again! Sounds good but I'm one of the 10 people on earth who don't use a smart phone.

But once it becomes impossible to do without one, I'll have to remember this app!

Happy 4th!
--Michelle

3Pantry app  Empty Re: Pantry app Tue Jul 04, 2017 2:46 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

What a wonderful "now-why-didn't-I-think-of-that" idea!

The original recording might be daunting, although it would be a good excuse to clean out, organize and dispose of out dated items. Once you had it set it would be a great resource for grocery shopping, when you see sales and can't remember if you have something or not.

Thanks for the tip! (I'm going to pass it on to DD#1 ~ I'm sure she'll love it, too!)

4Pantry app  Empty Re: Pantry app Tue Jul 04, 2017 3:47 pm

JanaAZ

I thought it would be daunting, but it went really quickly. Now when I go shopping I record stuff as I'm putting it away. Literally it took me about 30 minutes to do my main pantry....and its packed to the gills.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum