Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Chocolate Covered Cherry Coffee

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Chocolate Covered Cherry Coffee  Empty Chocolate Covered Cherry Coffee Wed Oct 26, 2016 2:13 pm

1DomesticGoddess

1DomesticGoddess

Annacia at food.com, inspired me to make this coffee, but I slightly tweaked the recipe to suit my taste.

Chocolate Covered Cherry Coffee  018

2/3 cup water
1-1/4 tsp. instant coffee, Maxwell House or Folgers (*See note)
1/2 tsp. sugar
1 dark chocolate, or milk chocolate covered cherry
Reddi Wip, or Cool Whip (to garnish the coffee)

In a coffee cup; heat water and coffee in the microwave until hot. (Or heat the water and coffee on top the stove in a small saucepan.) Add the sugar, and stir.

Now add the chocolate covered cherry; stir well to dissolve. After the chocolate has dissolved, remove the cherry from the cup.

Top the coffee with desired amount of Reddi Wip, or Cool Whip. Place the cherry on top the whipped topping, and serve.

Yields: 1 serving

*Note: If using ground coffee instead of instant, use 2 teaspoons per each 2/3's cup of water in your coffee maker. Also, I have found that not all of the chocolate from the chocolate covered cherry, dissolves completely in the hot coffee. You may still see bits of chocolate floating in your cup.

2Chocolate Covered Cherry Coffee  Empty Re: Chocolate Covered Cherry Coffee Sat Oct 29, 2016 4:38 am

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

1DomesticGoddess wrote:Annacia at food.com, inspired me to make this coffee, but I slightly tweaked the recipe to suit my taste.

Chocolate Covered Cherry Coffee  018

2/3 cup water
1-1/4 tsp. instant coffee, Maxwell House or Folgers (*See note)
1/2 tsp. sugar
1 dark chocolate, or milk chocolate covered cherry
Reddi Wip, or Cool Whip (to garnish the coffee)

In a coffee cup; heat water and coffee in the microwave until hot. (Or heat the water and coffee on top the stove in a small saucepan.) Add the sugar, and stir.

Now add the chocolate covered cherry; stir well to dissolve. After the chocolate has dissolved, remove the cherry from the cup.

Top the coffee with desired amount of Reddi Wip, or Cool Whip. Place the cherry on top the whipped topping, and serve.

Yields: 1 serving

*Note: If using ground coffee instead of instant, use 2 teaspoons per each 2/3's cup of water in your coffee maker. Also, I have found that not all of the chocolate from the chocolate covered cherry, dissolves completely in the hot coffee. You may still see bits of chocolate floating in your cup.

Looks and sounds good D G. I always liked whipped cream on my coffee. Sounds like a treat!

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum