Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Pumpkin Pancakes

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Pumpkin Pancakes Empty Pumpkin Pancakes Mon Oct 17, 2016 12:20 pm

1DomesticGoddess

1DomesticGoddess

I thoroughly enjoyed these pancakes! I added some pumpkin spice liquid coffee creamer to the batter, to give the pancakes a bit more spice.

Pumpkin Pancakes Pumpkin%2BPancakes

Pumpkin Pancakes

1 cup Bisquick Original Pancake and Baking Mix
2 tablespoons of the Bisquick Pancake and Baking Mix
3/4's of one tablespoon of Bisquick Pancake and Baking Mix
1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Dash of salt
1/4 cup canned pumpkin puree
1 tablespoon sugar
1 large egg, beaten
1/2 cup 2% milk
2 tablespoons pumpkin pie spice liquid coffee creamer
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
Non-stick vegetable cooking spray
Additional vegetable oil
Butter, to spread on the pancakes
Maple syrup, to pour over the pancakes

In a bowl mix together, 1 cup of Bisquick Pancake Mix, plus the 2 tablespoons, and the 3/4's of one tablespoon of the pancake mix. Add the pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, and salt; stir to mix.

In another bowl mix together, the pumpkin, sugar, egg, milk, pumpkin pie spice coffee creamer, and the tablespoon of vegetable oil.

Add pancake mixture into the pumpkin mixture, stir ingredients until all is blended.

Spray the inside of a 10 or 12-inch skillet with the vegetable cooking spray.

Place skillet over medium heat, then add slightly less than 1/4 cupfuls of pancake batter into the skillet. Cook the first pancake about 3 minutes. (The cooked side should be light golden brown in color.) Turn pancake over, and cook the other side about 1-2 minutes, until it too is light golden brown in color.

I noticed after I poured the 2nd cupful of batter into the skillet, it took less time to cook the pancake (about 1 minute & 30 seconds) as the skillet is now heated even more so than before. Be sure to turn the pancake over as soon as you notice it's light golden brown in color.

When adding the 3rd cupful of batter to the skillet, be sure to add a 1/4 teaspoon of vegetable oil as well. (Do this every time before adding batter to the skillet.) I also noticed when cooking my 3rd pancake, I needed to reduce the cooking time of the pancakes. (I cooked the remaining pancakes for about 45 seconds on each side, as they started to brown up quickly.)

Top cooked pancakes with a bit of butter, and pour on some maple syrup.

Yields: 10 pancakes (Each about 3-1/4" to 3-1/2" in size)

2Pumpkin Pancakes Empty Re: Pumpkin Pancakes Mon Oct 17, 2016 2:20 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

It's that 'pumpkin' time of year!

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum