Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Prosciutto & Artichoke Panini

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Prosciutto & Artichoke Panini Empty Prosciutto & Artichoke Panini Mon Sep 19, 2016 7:21 pm

Crybaby

Crybaby

I've been thinking of making these sandwiches ever since I saw the recipe in BH&G.  Today I typed it up and put it in my Word file of recipes.  It sounds sooo good, from the olive oil drizzled on the bread to the squishing of the sandwiches with a weighted pan.  I just need to pick up some prosciutto and some ciabatta rolls and I'm in business.  

Prosciutto & Artichoke Panini
Makes 4 servings.  Recipe from Better Homes and Gardens.
No special appliance needed, just another pan weighted with a few cans from the pantry.

4 ciabattas or other crusty rolls, split
1 Tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
One 8-oz. ball fresh mozzarella, sliced
8 large basil leaves
One 6-oz. jar marinated artichoke hearts, drained
8 thin slices prosciutto (3 ounces)
1 lemon, zested

1.  Drizzle cut sides of rolls with olive oil.  For each sandwich, layer mozzarella, basil and artichokes on bottom bread half.  Top with prosciutto.  Sprinkle with zest and black pepper.  Add roll top.
2.  Heat a large heavy skillet over medium heat.  Places two sandwiches in pan, top with a pan weighted with canned food.  Cook 6 minutes or until golden.  Remove weighted pan; turn.  Replace weighted pan; cook 3 minutes more or until browned and cheese melts.  Repeat with remaining sandwiches.

2Prosciutto & Artichoke Panini Empty Re: Prosciutto & Artichoke Panini Tue Sep 20, 2016 8:08 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

Sounds easy enough! I've even got a panini maker grill that Lyn gave me when she ended up with two.

3Prosciutto & Artichoke Panini Empty Re: Prosciutto & Artichoke Panini Tue Sep 20, 2016 10:46 am

Crybaby

Crybaby

bethk wrote:Sounds easy enough!  I've even got a panini maker grill that Lyn gave me when she ended up with two.  

Even better! It just sounds like such a great combination of flavors to me. You could also make them on little bitty crusty rolls for appetizers, too.

4Prosciutto & Artichoke Panini Empty Re: Prosciutto & Artichoke Panini Tue Sep 20, 2016 2:33 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

I'd make full size and then cut into little squares and stick them with those little decorative toothpicks....

5Prosciutto & Artichoke Panini Empty Re: Prosciutto & Artichoke Panini Thu Sep 22, 2016 12:00 pm

Crybaby

Crybaby

bethk wrote:I'd make full size and then cut into little squares and stick them with those little decorative toothpicks....

But anything on one of those little rolls are so darn cute -- and you would still need the toothpick!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum