Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Wood chopping boards

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Wood chopping boards Empty Wood chopping boards Sun Jul 24, 2016 12:01 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

Wood chopping boards 944e0acd0a15f48c744bf4365dad75f5

All clean and on the ready..Just a few of my faves.I have about 10 more lol..

2Wood chopping boards Empty Re: Wood chopping boards Sun Jul 24, 2016 12:08 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

How do you have enough room to store all those boards?

When we moved I started using the 'disposable' plastic mats for most of my chopping. When they get cut marks I toss 'em and buy new. Probably wasteful but I just don't have room for any more permanent counter dwellers.

3Wood chopping boards Empty Re: Wood chopping boards Sun Jul 24, 2016 12:31 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

I stack them in a old wooden magazine rack that was my moms. I don't have the heart to throw it out. I also have a metal office stacker thing. Then I just stack the ones that don't get used much, I just stack beside my bakers rack.by stacking I mean on their side and end. I have a couple on the ready by the range. I have 2 I use on the range top under my bread maker and my heavy KA.

4Wood chopping boards Empty Re: Wood chopping boards Sun Jul 24, 2016 12:38 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

I don't like those plastic ones at all. The one I have kept is used under the cats feeding dish LOL I have to feed her up on my kitchen cart and she takes a bite and put it on the cart top . So the board saves the wood top
Plus I don't have to sharpen my knives that much using wood.

5Wood chopping boards Empty Re: Wood chopping boards Sun Jul 24, 2016 5:28 pm

Crybaby

Crybaby

Mostly we use the plastic ones so we can put them in the dishwasher but I do prefer the wooden ones -- they're pretty to look at and are indeed easier on your good knives. I'm lucky enough to have one of those skinny cabinets in my kitchen that are made for baking sheets and skinny things like that -- if only it were bigger! I have my big giant wooden cutting board in there that I drag out occasionally. I just don't use the wooden ones for meat of any type anymore, though I clean them carefully after every use.

6Wood chopping boards Empty Re: Wood chopping boards Fri Jul 29, 2016 6:48 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

I have a large John Boos butcher block table in my kitchen. I still pull out my flexible boards for veggies. I have a great brand that just doesn't get cut. I can throw those in the dishwasher. For meat I use an acrylic/plastic board with a well to catch juice. The Boos is more like a work table for me. If it gets contaminated I use a bleach/water solution on it. I also use Lysol kitchen counter cleaner on it. And plain water and I oil it periodically.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum