Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Anyone use their tablet

+2
bethk
Barbara101
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Anyone use their tablet  Empty Anyone use their tablet Fri Feb 26, 2016 12:38 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

For cookbooks? I have a kindle and not to fond of using it

2Anyone use their tablet  Empty Re: Anyone use their tablet Fri Feb 26, 2016 2:35 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

we just got a tablet but I haven't figured out what to use it for besides a couple games.....not all that tech knowledgable.

3Anyone use their tablet  Empty Re: Anyone use their tablet Fri Feb 26, 2016 5:27 pm

JanaAZ

Barbara101 wrote:For cookbooks?  I have a kindle and not to fond of using it

Don't like it for cookbooks. Can't print stuff off with it

4Anyone use their tablet  Empty Re: Anyone use their tablet Fri Feb 26, 2016 6:27 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

It is fine for novels but not for cookbooks.

5Anyone use their tablet  Empty Re: Anyone use their tablet Fri Feb 26, 2016 6:59 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

Bugster2 wrote:It is fine for novels but not for cookbooks.

why? I kinda wanted one for cookbooks and recipes.

also wanted to watch cooking videos,

6Anyone use their tablet  Empty Re: Anyone use their tablet Fri Feb 26, 2016 7:12 pm

Imelda HL

Imelda HL

I have a tablet, but I use it mostly for my travel, and for reading, I download my online library books in it and read while I was traveling.. sometime for recipes too, mine can also print, and my recent favorite use is for hiking, I download MapMyHike app, and use it when I start my work out ( hiking or walking ), it tells me the distance and calories I spend on my work out, it has map for the route too..

7Anyone use their tablet  Empty Re: Anyone use their tablet Fri Feb 26, 2016 8:53 pm

NormM

NormM

Charlie mounted a holder for tablets so we could put it over the cutting board and swivel it so we could see it and swivel it out of the way when not in use. It was there for about 6 months and the place to mount it is still there but we haven't used it much lately. It annoyed me that it kept going dark while I was using it.

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

8Anyone use their tablet  Empty Re: Anyone use their tablet Fri Feb 26, 2016 10:50 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

NormM wrote:Charlie mounted a holder for tablets so we could put it over the cutting board and swivel it so we could see it and swivel it out of the way when not in use.  It was there for about 6 months and the place to mount it is still there but we haven't used it much lately.  It annoyed me that it kept going dark while I was using it.

If it is an Ipad, there is a setting that you can set so the screen won't go dark. I have mine set that way.

The problem I have with a cookbook on a tablet is I find locating recipes difficult. It is also more satisfying to have a book in your hand. To me, they are easier to read and flip through. Maybe you could get a cheap book on your tablet and give it a try. One other thing is if you decide you don't like your hard copy book, you can sell it on Ebay if you want to or donate it to your library.

9Anyone use their tablet  Empty Re: Anyone use their tablet Sat Feb 27, 2016 8:31 am

NormM

NormM

I use the computer, tablet, etc to look up recipes posted on the internet instead of downloading a cookbook. Most of the cookbooks I've bought in the past several years only have one or two recipes worth keeping so I just find something posted online instead. Usually if someone comes on a cooking show to promote their cookbook and demonstrate a recipe from it, that one is the best one and the rest are just so-so.

10Anyone use their tablet  Empty Re: Anyone use their tablet Sat Feb 27, 2016 12:02 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

so I am guessing you guys have Ipads..I keep looking at them,

Got sidetracked yesterday and came across Kindles 10.1inch. Has so many great reviews by hundreds of folks even on you tube.Cheap.. But you always get what you pay for.
I do not need a camera on it but it seems they all come with..It is one pain in the butt to get my Iphone pics on here...Seems you can not right click and place pics in your photo file.Then from photobucket you can not copy the code..

I guess I need a mouse for that.. confused Question

11Anyone use their tablet  Empty Re: Anyone use their tablet Sat Feb 27, 2016 6:00 pm

NormM

NormM

Charlie got me an iPad for Christmas because I have a Mac but I didn't like it so he traded it in for a Samsung.

12Anyone use their tablet  Empty Re: Anyone use their tablet Sat Feb 27, 2016 6:09 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

So do you like it ?

13Anyone use their tablet  Empty Re: Anyone use their tablet Sat Feb 27, 2016 6:16 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

I have used my kindle all day . It is top heavy. I hold it at the bottom and the top leans back . Going to best buy tomorrow to find a cover for it.then I can see other tablets and laptop.

14Anyone use their tablet  Empty Re: Anyone use their tablet Sat Feb 27, 2016 6:17 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

I have used my kindle all day . It is top heavy. I hold it at the bottom and the top leans back . Going to best buy tomorrow to find a cover for it.then I can see other tablets and laptop.

15Anyone use their tablet  Empty Re: Anyone use their tablet Sat Feb 27, 2016 6:18 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

Lol posted twice ??

16Anyone use their tablet  Empty Re: Anyone use their tablet Sat Feb 27, 2016 10:06 pm

NormM

NormM

I like it OK but I don't use if very much. I am too used to using my lap top.

17Anyone use their tablet  Empty Re: Anyone use their tablet Sat Feb 27, 2016 10:09 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

Me to . My left hand is all cramped and my arm hurts to my elbow just holding it a lot today .

18Anyone use their tablet  Empty Re: Anyone use their tablet Sun Feb 28, 2016 6:21 pm

JanaAZ

Since I got my ipad I dont use the laptop very much. I use the ipad for everything EXCEPT writing up my recipes, doing my accounting stuff for taxes, etc., banking.

I have an ipad and DH has a Samsung. I like the ipad because I have an iPhone and they work together. Same goes for hubby with the Samsung stuff.

It's all a matter of preference. I WOULD NEVER buy an apple computer, though. It's just a matter of taste and preferences.

19Anyone use their tablet  Empty Re: Anyone use their tablet Sun Feb 28, 2016 7:50 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

I can't afford an Apple computer so I won't buy one. It would really be a case of overkill for me because I don't need that type of computer. It is great for college, technical work and such. All I do is surf the web, burn DVDs and CDS and store pictures and recipes. No financial stuff.

20Anyone use their tablet  Empty Re: Anyone use their tablet Mon Feb 29, 2016 9:46 am

Barbara101

Barbara101

I might have to give up on big tablet.Another day of my hand ,fingers and arm all cramped and hurting.

Guess I will just another laptop.. Anyone use their tablet  574689230

21Anyone use their tablet  Empty Re: Anyone use their tablet Mon Feb 29, 2016 9:48 am

Barbara101

Barbara101

Bugster2 wrote:I can't afford an Apple computer so I won't buy one. It would really be a case of overkill for me because I don't need that type of computer. It is great for college, technical work and such. All I do is surf the web, burn DVDs and CDS and store pictures and recipes. No financial stuff.

I do not even do that lol..

22Anyone use their tablet  Empty Re: Anyone use their tablet Mon Feb 29, 2016 12:59 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

Frankly, I wish I had the assets that would require me to work on the computer. My sisters spend half their days doing accounting and spreadsheets and whatever. THEN, they send it off to Northern Trust and accountants. They even pay their bills for them.

OMG! We paid a visit to an old classmate from high school who lives in our old stomping ground of Pasadena, CA. He is still a bachelor (can't tell if he is gay) and lives alone in this 17,000 square foot mansion right out of Gone with the Wind. You walk in and see this huge grand staircase. It has 10 bedrooms and 10 bathrooms. The entire third floor has this magnificent train setup with all of these collectible and rare trains. The house even had a gilt ballroom. He doesn't work. A trust fund baby.

23Anyone use their tablet  Empty Re: Anyone use their tablet Mon Feb 29, 2016 1:19 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

My son too . He got a load of money when his dad died . Me, I think he spends to much on crap . But it is his money . So !

24Anyone use their tablet  Empty Re: Anyone use their tablet Mon Feb 29, 2016 1:20 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

Anyone want to sell . ???

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum