Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Toaster oven

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Toaster oven Empty Toaster oven Sat Dec 19, 2015 12:37 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

Mine still works.Does not toast great. Does not bake great,to small.

My new range has a gigantic oven,and I love it. However when I want to make a tray of nachos or something small, turning on the oven lol..

I thought if I bought a GOOD toaster oven ,I could use it the things like that.

??? anyone?

2 Toaster oven Empty Re: Toaster oven Sat Dec 19, 2015 2:35 pm

NormM

NormM

I have heard good things about Brevil Smart Convection Toaster Oven.  It's not cheap though.

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

3 Toaster oven Empty Re: Toaster oven Sat Dec 19, 2015 2:45 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

yes me too.

4 Toaster oven Empty Re: Toaster oven Sat Dec 19, 2015 4:15 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

DD#1 and friend Lyn both have that one....about $250 at BBB ($200 w/20% coupon) and both love it. DD#1 said her first one 'died' after 2 years (it has a 1 yr. warranty) but after purchasing another brand and using it for only 1 month, she returned to the Brevil. And keep in mind, DD#1 used that first one for lots & lots, probably more than you would ever use in a week. So, if it died within a couple years, she figures she just wore it out.

Both love the way it makes even toast. It's large enough for casseroles.

If my toaster oven (DeLonghi) wasn't still working great, that's the one I'd get, too.

5 Toaster oven Empty Re: Toaster oven Sat Dec 19, 2015 4:24 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

I may just pull the trigger and get one !! Glup !

I got my 5 1/2 qt round LeCreuset Dutch oven at Marshalls the other day !!! I was shocked how great a buy was . Love love love it

BBB has to many things you can not buy with the coupon . Plus the one here is far to drive . I will watch for a sale if they go on sale !

6 Toaster oven Empty Re: Toaster oven Sat Dec 19, 2015 6:25 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

I've never seen the Brevil ones go on sale.....just sayin'

7 Toaster oven Empty Re: Toaster oven Sat Dec 19, 2015 6:29 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Here's the one I'm talking about:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001L5TVGW?keywords=breville%20toaster%20oven&qid=1450560378&ref_=sr_1_1&s=home-garden&sr=1-1

It says free shipping.....and DD#1 would recommend the 2 yr. extended warranty for $13.32.....

8 Toaster oven Empty Re: Toaster oven Sat Dec 19, 2015 6:32 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Here's the link to the BBB...also free shipping (over $49)....if you sign up for email ads they will send you 20% off online coupons.....or ask me & I'll forward mine to you.....

http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/store/product/breville-reg-the-smart-oven-trade-convection-toaster-oven/3259500?Keyword=brevile+toaster+oven

CRAP! The online 20% coupon excludes Breville.....but if you have a coupon and go into the store, it's valid. How stupid is that?

9 Toaster oven Empty Re: Toaster oven Sat Dec 19, 2015 6:44 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

Ok thanks for the info !

10 Toaster oven Empty Re: Toaster oven Tue Dec 22, 2015 8:15 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

I also have a Breville. Got it at BBB and used a coupon. We have had it about 5 years and love it. One thing, it does bake faster than a regular oven so you have to be careful and watch closely until you see how it works.

11 Toaster oven Empty Re: Toaster oven Thu Dec 24, 2015 5:17 pm

NormM

NormM

This talk about a toaster oven got me thinking about how nice it would be to have another oven, especially this time of the year when an extra oven is appreciated.  My toaster is from the 1950's so that is another excuse for getting one.  Cassie will probably appreciate it in her cake making side business too.  In my email today, there was a 20% off coupon for BB&B.  In the fine print it said Breville was excluded among others but I handed it to the lady with a Breville and a pan for popovers and she took the 20% off the oven. I will tell them it is a Christmas present for the house.

12 Toaster oven Empty Re: Toaster oven Thu Dec 24, 2015 6:29 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

Make sure she knows that she will have to watch her cakes at first because they will cook faster with the convection feature on. I fell in love with a larger Wolf countertop oven that I saw at Sur La Table. I wouldn't consider that one a toaster-oven though, just another oven. I am glad you got the discount.

13 Toaster oven Empty Re: Toaster oven Thu Dec 24, 2015 10:31 pm

NormM

NormM

I have not read all the directions yet but I'll tell her that there is a convection feature and the cakes will cook faster.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum